Tell Us about Your Stylist

I've been going to the same stylist for about 5 years now. My mom and I both go to her and she's just great. She did my hair for prom, gave me bangs several times, made me very blonde, experimented with lowlights...I completely trust her for anything! When I lived in DC last summer I had to go to a person there and she butchered my hair...it made me appreciate my stylist even more :D

xlevix said:
I usually go to this one amazing stylist. but she's always booked. i went in there a month ago to schedual an apoinment. and September 9th was as early as she could get me in. Upset and angry that I wouldn't be able to have the X-Tina platinum blonde hair (her color in her new music video/GQ shots) for the summer. I set up an apointment with another person my friend refered me to and....I now have brassy/yellow hair with red poking through.

I learned a lesson though....
wait..wait..and wait. even if the wait is until SEPTEMBER 9TH. (thank god i didn't cancel that apointment)

You should look into "standing" appointments. My stylist is always booked out so my husband and I get standing appointments at the beginning of each year. :flower:

i followed my hair guy to a different salon too. he really listens and i always get the hair cut/color i want!

im going to a new slaon on saterday .. im so nervous .. wish me luck :flower:

Im going to have find someone once I move.

My friend works in a spa as an estechian..............so my facials are taking care of. I dont know about the people who do hair there though.

I think I want to go to an Aveda salon.

My best friend IS my stylist! Don't freak, she's one of the best professionals! Lucky me!!!! So i don't have to worry about my hair....
She can do ANYTHING (and for free!:lol: ). We take VERY good care of them, and i'm proud to announce that i'm only 22 years old, but i now EXACTLY what works for my hair ( i say that because i hated my hair(worst hair EVER), and know i love them, so it's really important to me).
So having your stylist on speed dial is pure bliss(for you and your hair)!

ive changed my hairdresser again...and again but now im finally happy with my new one! she's lovely and ive been getting tons of compliments and im definitely recommending her.

I love my stylist but she has been on maternity leave twice in the past couple of years . I went to another sylist at the same salon when she was away.I also like her very much! My origional stylist is back partime only on Sat and Thursdays. Sometimes its hard to book on those days and I go between the two of them. I dont think either one really like it! it is an awkward situation to say the least. Im thinking of switching salons!

I love my stylist. He's a middle aged Greek man with a thick accent and is simply brilliant at cutting, coloring, and styling hair. The only reason I know about him is because 20 years ago he cut my own mother's hair :heart:. Apparently he gave her the best hair cut she ever had, so it was my mother who recommended me to see him, and for the last 5 years I've been going to his salon exclusively -- even if I don't go as much as I should. He isn't always available to cut my hair though, but his daughter who is my age will fill in instead, and I'd trust her since she obviously learned from the best.

Its really cute to watch father and daughter joke around and bicker, so going to the salon is hardly a boring or cold environment.

I have used the same woman for going on 7 years now and LOVE her.
She is the only person who had taken into account the thickness of my hair and what limitations that put on certain cuts. Other people would give me cuts that just didn't work at all with think hair.
She will also tell me NO on thing she knows will just not work with me. She knows how lazy I am with styling so should would never give me a cut that required blowing out every time.

She just told me at my last appointment that she is pregnant and though I am happy for her I know this means she will be working much less or even not at all for a while.
I don't know what I'll do if she decides to be a stay at home mom.

i've found my perfect hair stylist like three years ago, she was the only one who knew how to make them look really good. but then she was in accident and one person died (her boss) but it wasn't her fault, but she left anyway :( i want her back
tomorrow i'll try another stylist, i hope she is good.

I'm jealous of all of you who have great stylist's that you have known and used for years. I move around so much I end up going wherever I'm recommended in my newest location!

I had a couple for some years when i turned to completely blonde until it was too much...i became Scandinavian until they destroy it and they had to cut it (they always wanted to cut it for the very first time i put my foot on that place) and they keep it cutting it... i hated they never listen to me... and they were so extremely flattering with you and how fantastic artists they were... yeah sounds scary surreal!! And they were ridiculous expensive compared with the results... plus they got really angry if for some reason you were traveling and went to another stylist... but they didn't want to sell me products when i moved out so...absurd!

Well i got so fed up to expend money on that and change of it...to a really nice beauty saloon when the environment is less fake smiling and there are 2 main stylists i got the girl first time and i don't wanna change cause she always listens to me and knows exactly what i want...since then my hair has recovered lots from the damaging done in the other place and growing faster and healthier... we are both surprised cause when i arrived there months ago my hair was a complete mess destroyed by whoknowswhichproducts...
btw even its closer to home and their prizes are way better! Plus as being a beauty saloon you can get other services at the same place.

I've had the same hairdresser for two and a half years - a record for me as I used to shop around a lot. My HD was a final-year apprentice when we first met (after one of my then-frequent DIY colour debacles) and I was one of her first clients. Actually if I recall correctly I was the first client she gave a "real" haircut to LOL. She has never given me a bad colour or cut, always listens to me, knows what works and doesn't work for my hair/face and is a genuinely nice person as are all the salon HDs. I like that she knows how to do a good blonde - I found it hard to find a good blonde HD hence the shopping around.

I wish I could find a good one and I've visited a lot. Sometimes I think they don't care about what I want and instead they cut my hair the way they think it's best; well it's not :doh:

My stylist is GREAT. I can describe a style to her and she knows exactly what I'm talking about, and I've never left the salon with anything less than exactly what I wanted. ^_^

I think to get the best out of a hairdresser you need to have in mind exactly what you want and be able to describe it in detail. If possible, take a picture. Being very vocal, asking questions, and giving detailed descriptions of what you want in each section (back, fringe, sides etc) all help... They can't read minds :lol:

Most hairdressers are used to being chatty and making conversation so they'd probably appreciate being told throughout what you want, and may even have better ideas that you hadn't thought of.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->