The Acne Thread #3

I've gotten my acne sort of under control (by that I mean I the occasional spot here an there and a ghastly cyst no more than once a month *knock on wood) with the help of my doctor and a LOT of trial and error:
Yasmin - BC, Adapalene - topical retinoid, Doxycycline - broadspectrum antibiotic. I don't use any specific acne skin care, I tend to go for more 'combination skin' geared products. My mornings are typically - cleanse, tone, glycolic in Tzone, serum elsewhere, spf, eye gel, makeup. Nights are more - cleanse, scrub/mask, tone, adapalene, serum, eye gel. Through out the day I blot as needed and use Avene spray. After a workout I make sure I wash my face or at the very least use a cleaning wipe as I definitely have noticed I get sweat induced spots. Hope this helps, I know for sure that not every treatment helps every type of acne but chin up, it'll pass (even though it seems like it might not)

Another good tip for acne: avoid dairy, and see if your skin clears up.

It did for mine, and I know for many others too, since dairy is/can cause inflammation.

I've been on roaccutane for 3 months now and I have absolutely no regrets.

Has anybody been on it before? Did you find your skin stayed clear after you stopped treatment or did you find you still got some spots?

Cure for Hormonal Acne

Well, I've read that hormonal acne mostly can be aggravated by certain deficiencies in vitamins/minerals as the body can't fight the inflammation. I've tried Magnesium and Vitamin D3 and it seemed to help but it did not entirely got rid of the acne. Some say Vitamin A and Omega 3/ Cod liver oil which I haven't tried. How many of you guys did try and had good results? TIA :blush:

I´m using La Roche Posay sunscreen but it´s breaking havok on my skin. What do you guys use?

BIORE UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, it's amazing. So light and moisturizing and it absorbs immediately. It's also really cheap to order it on ebay ...

slider.jpg

bhub

^Thanks. Is it too greasy? sometimes age defense creams are too heavy for me.

It is not. I have oily skin, so I can't use anything heavy. It just has antioxidants.

^Oh, shoot! Origins only ships in North America and now I´m in Spain :(

I've used the Outer Peace line before, and somehow it seemed to start irritating my skin and causing more problems than it solved after awhile. I do like Origin's Spot Remover product, I've used that for awhile (on my second bottle) with no issues.

Has anyone tried MAC's salicylic acid product?

When I went in to do my annual Aveda stock-up, their liquid salicylic acid exfoliator was recommended to me. It has changed my skin and really reduced breakouts. My skin is sensitive, so I was always afraid of things called acid peels and the like, but this is very gentle. I use it on my face and neck before bed, and it's also good for cleansing areas you don't hit if you're not in the shower (I shower in the am). It's gentle enough for me to use it twice a day occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just horrible and worst skin problem as per my experience. I have faced several other skin & face related issues but acnes are the toughest to treat. I have tried many beauty products and some of them were marked as the best anti-acne products. However, for me, only natural & homemade remedies helped me get rid of them. Two things that I would like to mention i.e. fresh tomatoes & kiwis. They provided immense benefits from acne in my case, hope it will work for others as well.

I've been on roaccutane for 3 months now and I have absolutely no regrets.

Has anybody been on it before? Did you find your skin stayed clear after you stopped treatment or did you find you still got some spots?

I was on three rounds of Accutane from 2012-2017 and my acne came back in 2019. Not as bad, though. Spironolactone helped, and then it didn't. I did photodynamic therapy with the red light (very painful and my skin sloughed off for 5 days) but it kept my face clear for 14 months, after which I did it again in 2020. Now, about a year later, my acne is coming back again. I am listening to my dermatologist and am starting a regimen of 1) dermalinfusion followed by 5-6 monthly chemical peels. Fingers crossed!!

Also as for the sunscreen question, my dermatologist recommended this one, and so far it has not caused my breakouts to worsen. It also works as a tint, and I have stopped wearing foundation in favor of this altogether.

1.jpg

Removing acne is something challenging task. In order to remove it, you need to drink plenty of water, use natural tips, do CTM on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->