The Brunette Hair Thread

My haircolour now, it was a tad more reddish before (link)

5d5u9z.jpg

I´m just wondering if I want to grow my hair long or if I will cut it a littlebit shorter. I´ve never had long hair before.

^ it looks great at that length! but i think you definitely have the face shape to pull off something short

^^Your hair looks great Nikoline! I love this length on you, it's so young and fresh.

so after having blonde highlights and a light base, I wanted to darken it just one level and cover up the roots, the hair colorist ended up giving me really dark hair, almost black, even he said "im surprised it came out that dark". I've been washing it everyday for the past 2 days, yesterday even 2 times, used head and shoulders as they say it can help remove the dark dye, i even used some baking soda and vitamin c (reading on the internet) no luck. He used an amonia free dye, not a permanent one, any idea? i dont want to re-color my hair just want it to fade out a bit. any suggections?

^ Last time i went back from bleach hair to dark tones i also get a bit darker than expected and wanted...
but stop washing your hair like trying to get rid of the color... eventually it will clear up... beleive me!!! if u got a very dark tone it means that ur hair wasnt that damaged as it would be expected so thats good news... try to hold on a bit... and next time... wait 3 weeks at least try a re-dying on a lighter brown tone... :smile:

thank you for your reply :smile:. I'm so impatient. It was such a perfect golden honey color, it took my stylist and I 4 hours to get it, we did the base and highlights. now, all the work he did is gone just from this "amonia free dye". it is getting lighter but showing more red now. The hair stylist who did the original color is in france, I'm not. I wish I can go there and spend another 4 hours to getting that color again, even though it damaged my hair a bit but the color was perfect! :(((

in February i was blonde, i just wanted a slightly darker blonde but it went all the way brunette. it has faded quite a bit since then, i think this photo is from April, some time before i got a haircut. i haven't done anything color wise, everyone i know says no to darker. my hairdresser wants to lighten my roots a touch and put in some blonde highlights to brighten me up. i'm really indecisive right now so i'm just going to let it be

brunapril.jpg

brunapril02.jpg

excuse my jammies, always taking pictures in my PJs :rofl:

my photos

^ Kae, I think it looks great! ^_^

Remember when you encouraged me last year to go ash blonde and I took the plunge?
I was afraid of the upkeep/maintenance back then, but now I realize it's not really that high-maintenance. Just a root retouch every 3 months and some hair treatment every now and then. :smile:

This is the color now--I feel like it's gotten lighter if that's even possible. :huh::lol:
2m6r1wm.png

Sorry for the crappy photo. It was a candid shot my friend took.
I wasn't even the main focus of the picture :lol: but it's the most recent one I could find that highlights my hair color.

^Your hair is so pretty! Really nice colour. What's your natural hair colour?

^ Thanks babe! It's naturally black. I wanted it dyed a shade of ash blonde where it wouldn't have to be bleached. And this is the lightest I could get. :smile:

Oh wow, I didn't expect your natural colour to be so dark. It turned out great :flower:, without bleach:o!

^ Kae, I think it looks great! ^_^

Remember when you encouraged me last year to go ash blonde and I took the plunge?

thank you dearie :kiss: i'm a terrible influence when it comes to hair but your hair still looks great! ^_^ very good for no bleach

liking it wavy ATM, and it usually gets alot lighter in the summer time! (yes, that's my mom's 80s lamp in the background =p)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110518_5.jpg
    Snapshot_20110518_5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the hairdresser yesterday and got a bunch of highlights. I haven´t had this light hair since I was a kid so it´s sooo strage. But I like it :smile: I think I will go back to the colour that I had after the summer tho, I really like it darker in the winter.

msordd.jpg

My colour before:
2ly279l.jpg

^You look amazing with your new highlights :heart: If I were you I would keep them forever!!:D
They make you look very healthy and glowy, as opposed to the black that washes you out a bit. I'm the same as you, super pale with natural dark brown hair, but I've been highlighting them in a shade lighter than yours for about 5 years now and I never want to go back!

^ i agree with Mel! Niko, it looks great!

i haven't gotten my hair done since January. this is from about two and half weeks ago, it faded to a light golden brown - strong wheat undertones.
it's not budging to blonde! lol it's not so green in person of course :rofl:
junefade.jpg

those roots for made for walking! oh chald, it's the longest i've gone with no root touch up so it's amusing to see this :rofl: having bangs now help a lot in the front though. gonna get my hair done before my birthday(July 5th) :bounce: not sure if i'm completely down for ombre but i guess it can't be that bad, getting hair done every 6 months sounds nice lol
junefade02.jpg

my photos

a hairdresser following you on each side :rofl:

it makes me want long hair again but it's so hot here, i don't know how girls are still putting in extensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->