The Clinique Skincare Thread

i use the 3-step and been doing so for years now and it works wonderful for me

I'm surprised reading a lot of the comments. I have truly sensitive skin. In 20 years I've never found a product I can use on it without breaking out into the most horrific rash.

I'm using Clinique's 3 step now and it's doing wonders. I also use that supposedly nasty clarifying lotion #2 and it's fine for me. I feel much better for using it, actually.

I used to love the 3-step and used it for years but my skin became really sensitive to it. I don't know why but it it was like over night that my skin got all dry and started to peel. It might have been something else, maybe some food, but as soon as I changed my daily cleansing routine my skin turned back normal again. I am using Dr. Hauschka these days which is like the total opposite. I'll never go back. I still love Clinique's make-up range though, especially their liquid foundations and mascaras.

I use the 3-step system with some modifications. My skin is type II - dry combination - but when I tried the type II clarifying lotion (the light purple one ) I thought I was putting acid on my face... :doh:
So I use the cleanser (liquid facial soap mild - normal to dry skin) and the clarifying lotion type I - very dry to dry skin.
And instead of the DDML I use Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer - Dry Combination. I think DDML is great but it's just a plain moisturizer.
Oh and I also use All About Eyes Rich.

I know a lot of people complain about Clinique but I have to say, my skin is so much better since i've started using these products.

Do they do make up cleansers as well .. cause none of the ones that I have used thus far have worked!

I use Clinique's turnaround concentrate, every day face scrub, eyes rich cream ... and clinique happy heart perfume :D Oh and some basic eye shadow as well.

I have a question about "City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25" and "
Super City Block SPF 30+" and "UV Response Face Cream SPF 30 Oil-free"... I was just wondering what one of those is the most light weight product that will not clog my pores or make my skin oily?? PLEASE HELP :smile: (I always have trouble with sunscreen for my face, everything i try seems to feel so thick and tends to make me break out)

PS. I love the 3 step skin care system, it's the best thing i have come across (for my skin anyway)

really wanting to try the dramatically different moisturising gel - my oily skin is driving me mad and i've heard this is fantastic, can anyone recommend?!

^yes I swear by it... I have oily combination skin and have tried so many moisturizers but nothing worked for me until this, it's so lightweight and your skin absorbs it all in about one minute... It does not make my skin oily and does not clog my pores so it also helps with break out prone skin :smile:

^ ahhh fantastic, thanks very much! i'll go on a hunt for it tomorrow :smile:

^ Although I cant promise the same result for everyone (hopefully it will be a good match for you) :flower:

These products sound more appropriate for a woman or man who has had a peel, maybe a mini-face lift, some type of cosmetic work done, but everything New Beauty mag advertises (aside from Olay and Aveeno) interests me, and products for recovery from a procedure/surgery are using very anti-bacterial and soothing/anti-redness and I have a slight form of facial redness every now and then so I'm always intrigued.
On the back of New Beauty magazine this month is an ad for Clinique Medical, and it says:
Complement your in-office procedure-at home
New Clinique Medical is the kind of before and aftercare only Clinique Medical and your physician could provide. Clinically proven to complement the outcomes of your cosmetic procedures. Available exclusively through physician offices. To find a doctor in your area, visit cliniquemedical.com
They have worked with ALLERGAN on this. well screw needing a physician appointment, I just want to sample the products, one called Optimizing Treatment Cream Pre/Post Forumula and then the second is Recovery Week Complex Post Procedure Formula Hydrocortisone Acetate anti-itch Cream.
Both allergy tested, 100% fragrance free, and no preservatives.

Has someone heard about a new liquid make up base to treat redness ? It's actually into the Redness Solutions range. There will be also a concealer stick and the redness solutions powder will be also available in a pressed format.

i assume i'm allowed to post questions about clinique for men in this thread?

has anyone tried the maximum hydrator? i have "normal" skin and use the m lotion for my moisturizer but am wondering about the benefits of the maximum hydrator.

Well I'm a man and use Clinique SSFM sometimes combined with other brands and I love it.

Once I used maximun hydrator as a night cream and I loved it, it's very creamy and thick but very light on skin, you doesn't feel it and it's really moisturizing. At morning you awake with no redness and skin is so calmed... I'm 20 so I can't prove that it works well on wrinkles or fine lines but I must admit it moisturizes perfectly and works great with redness and flakiness, perfect for winter or summer nights after a sunny morning :smile:

Sorry if I wrote something bad in english; by the way if you want some info about the active ingredients just ask I have a short list of them :wink:

it does seem quite rich and more so on the heavy side, so it makes more sense if i introduced it as a night cream and continued to use the m lotion during the day. thanks marcbarna.

I've been using Clinique products activly for about 3 years now. I don't think the products are crazy amazing, they don't perform miracles, but they do their job. The reson why I really like this brand is because the lady who sold me my first products was really nice and gave me a lot of samples to try out on my skin before I bought the product:smile: I used to have really really dry skin but after using the recommended products my skin became soft and smooth^^

Fall 2010: Bigger, Brighter Eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried the clinique 3 step for about a week and a half right now, and i start to notice small breakouts around my T-area.. i don't know whether this is caused because i just recovered from a sickness, not using the products regularly enough, or i just have an allergic reaction to it. my skin is pretty low maintenance and i nvr have any problem with it.

it'd be sad if this expensive products ended up ruining my skin while tap water maintained it for 22 yrs =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->