The Eyebrow Thread, all you need to know and ask about your arches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, One my friends had one of his whole eyebrows shaved off by another friend. A few weeks and it was back to 'normal' (cough cough)Eyebrows do grow quite fast!

Shaving is different from plucking! It takes much longer for plucked eyebrows to return. :(

Originally posted by tealady@Jan 31st, 2004 - 8:09 am
Shaving is different from plucking! It takes much longer for plucked eyebrows to return. :(
totally.

I agree with Hboogie, with eyeshadow, and a thin brush, you will achieve more natural results :wink:

I am reviving this thread because I think I need some eyebrow help.

mugshotreddragonshirt.jpg

This is how I look. Apart from preventing the dreaded unibrow, my eyebrows are completely natural. I think they could use some shaping, but I am not sure where to start and how to go about it. I need to get some decent tweezers first, but after that, then what? I feel that they're a bit heavy, but I don't want to end up with that "scared shitless" look that comes of over-arching the eyebrows.

As you can see, I don't have delicate features in the least. I have a large nose and very round cheeks, so I suppose strong brows are suitable, but I feel they could be neatened up a bit.

Advice?

Perhaps going to a professional to have your eyebrows done would be best. That way he/she can neaten them up, give you some advice, and all you'll have to do to maintain is pluck a few strays. As opposed to you doing your own eyebrow plucking and "sculpting" while they're still "natural" ..as some hairs take a long time to grow back, etc. and mistakes are no good :cry:

It's easier to have it right the first time :flower: good luck

i actually love my eyebrows.

they're just who i am. even if they're gracho mark status.

I am lucky as I don't have thick, bushy eyebrows but they still need som plucking now and than. But I'm not stuck to the mirror - it is not that important for my face (in my opinion) while on others it really is that think can really make a difference.

I hate Christina Aguileras eyebrows - for me they are just över-plucked lines filled with a pencil. I don't know what I hate the most people that you see could be beutiful with a bit of plucking or those who pluck their eyebrows to thin lines - ( that is btw VERY common with teens here in Sweden, I don't know about the rest of the world .. but trust me it looks weird).

Originally posted by shoe_gal_04@Feb 13th, 2004 - 12:37 am
Perhaps going to a professional to have your eyebrows done would be best. That way he/she can neaten them up, give you some advice, and all you'll have to do to maintain is pluck a few strays. As opposed to you doing your own eyebrow plucking and "sculpting" while they're still "natural" ..as some hairs take a long time to grow back, etc. and mistakes are no good :cry:

It's easier to have it right the first time :flower: good luck
I second the professional option. I think getting the right brows needs an eye (oh, pardon the pun) and doing one's own, it's too difficult to get perspective...

As you like it,

You really, really need to get those eyebrwos plucked into a nice shapely arch.

Go and see a beautician and get it done - then post a picture back so we can see. You'll be so glad you did it!!

Charlotte

i always had natural eybrows, untouched and all until this summer when i decided i needed a change in my face. sooo, after having eyebrows like as you like it, i spent about an hour and a half plucking my eyebrows myself.
i never got the professionaly plucked, what i did was take a picture of eyebrows that i liked, and carefully tried to follow the same line/shape.
i succeeded, because my mother was all 'when did you get your eyebrows done?! i never knew you went to a beautician..'
so really, if you are careful and have a rough idea of how you want your eyebrows to look..just go for it.
the first thing i did was pluck out all those hairs that are 'out of place' (basically the small hairs that are above or under the main arch' and then shaped the rest of the arch into a more thinner line.
good luck!

as_you_like_it, your features will be much finer once you shape and pluck your eyebrows.
i used to thinklike youu about my face and features until i had them plucked.
and it made a HUGE difference :wink:

i am an eyebrow obsessive. they have to be perfect. i hate pencil thin brows with a passion & tadpole brows aren't good either :yuk:

My eyebrows rule my existence... They are my soul, my being, my true guiding force in this life! :woot:

Actually not, but I just had to...

Hmm, I've never plucked my eyebrows. Wait, no, I plucked one hair once, but decided that it hurt and that I was too scared to go any further.

I'm dark blonde with kind of fine hair, so my eyebrows aren't dark, but they also aren't invisible. They aren't very full, either. I'm sixteen, but I hate the look of most brow-pluckers my age (which is partially why I avoid it). I don't want my eyebrows to look plucked, just neat and nicely shaped.

I also a) don't want to go to a stylist (which would involve asking my mum for a ride, etc) and B) am kind of a coward about this kind of thing. I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Any hints?

Isn't there some sort of pencil trick? Something about laying a pencil across your face at a certain angle to see the proper angle of your brows?

I'm dubious about the whole situation.

That B) was supposed to be a " b )," only without the spaces. :rolleyes: :P

Originally posted by eloes@Apr 16th, 2004 - 7:49 pm
Hmm, I've never plucked my eyebrows. Wait, no, I plucked one hair once, but decided that it hurt and that I was too scared to go any further.
If you keep plucking, eventually it will stop hurting when you do it. My brow area is totally impervious to pain after 10 years of tweezing. It didn't take 10 years for the pain to go away, though. It took maybe about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->