Throw Your Tweezers Away - NY Times article

Maybe I'm too serious, but I think it's rude to tell people to throw their tweezers away. :lol:

It just depends on what overall look you want. Thinner brows can lighten your whole face. I always feel that when my brows are thicker, they take over. I enjoy the middleground.

I really love the look. Ive been growing mine out for a while now.

I'm Okinawan. Without maintainance, I look like Jay Chou.

Uchina said:

:shock::rofl:

I've got naturally thick brows and I've never tweezed them too thin. My only problehm is they don't extend out as far as I would like.

mundodabolsa said:
And I find that while the new hairs are new, yes, they look much darker and coarser and uneven, but eventually, once the growing out process is complete, it looks balanced.

Thanks for the reply..... :flower: I feel more positive it'll look better once fully grown out....

My eybrows grow out REALLY quickly..... :ninja:

sphagnum.esplanade said:
I've always agreed more with healthy groomed eyebrows, and have prefered the lights of Natalia's, Emina's & of course Eugenia's bold brows! Last year i grew mine out a little to be more fuller and used Talika Lipocils Gel to encourage the growth quicker, which worked quite well. I read a tip in Elle last month that squaring the shape off at the inner corners creates the appearence of a stronger eyebrow and thicker ones altogether actually make you look younger.

Doutzen Kroes style.com

2599zf8.jpg
2599zj5.jpg

wow, she's gorgeous. I want to grow my eyebrows out like that but mine are kind of close to my eyes so I dont want to overpower my face. plus, its really hard not to tweeze haha

My eyebrows are in the middle. I love thick eyebrows, but mine are naturally in between and I'm fine with that. :D

Wow, how is it that almost all of the models today have such gorgeously thick eyebrows? :unsure: :crush:

I do prefer thicker eyebrows as well but throwing away the tweezers doesn't seem like a good solution when you look like a piece of the amazon jungle afterwards...guess it all depends on maintaining some sort of shape.

Uchina said:

And exactly what is wrong with looking rike Jay Chou?

On a side note, does anyone tattoo their eyebrows or is it just my freak of nature girlfriend? The makeup artist, tattooed them on thin, but she keeps going back to get them thicker. And I have to bring her a baseball cap to cover her swollen brows. Weird.

P.S. Doutzen definately as the sexiest thick eyebrow look going on. Is she stil dating Maxwell? If not, I should ring her up.

Kimkhuu said:
My eybrows grow out REALLY quickly..... :ninja:
Me too, it's good in the sense that I can decide to grow out my eyebrows and in 10 days look like chewbacca already in case I decide at the last minute to have them done ^_^

I find that with my thick, unruly eyebrows, the key to having them look nice isn't so much tweezing but adequate grooming. The stylist brushes them up then trims and cuts in ways I can never recreate on my own. So then it remains thick, but just neat. None of these models pics have eyebrows that naturally looked like that, they've all been trimmed and brushed in some way.

I never liked thin eyebrows. I like defined eyebrows, but I think a thick eyebrow looks great if you have light/medium eyebrow hair. I have dark brown eyebrow hair, and personally, I think I would look terrible if I had my brows like some of the models on the pictures. So I guess I can say I'm in the middleground too... :wink:

My eyebrowns are very sparce and light, there was a time when I tweezed them thin, but now (3 years, at least) I don't overtweeze, just get rid of the hairs that mess up the shape. I really like the thicker brows. Finally.

Brows, in general, drive me crazy. People need to learn how to shape them properly. I hate the sperm-brows, in particular, WHY?? How could that possibly look good??

I haven't tweezed my eyebrows since I was like 15, when I decided it's too painful, and just because everyone else does it, why should I?

I think thick eyebrows are beautiful.

This eyebrows can definitely age a person. I think that Ashley Olsen has the most perfect brows. They are thick but not Peter Gallagher/Bert from Sesame Street/ early 80s Madonna thick. :lol:

mundodabolsa said:
I find that with my thick, unruly eyebrows, the key to having them look nice isn't so much tweezing but adequate grooming. The stylist brushes them up then trims and cuts in ways I can never recreate on my own. So then it remains thick, but just neat. None of these models pics have eyebrows that naturally looked like that, they've all been trimmed and brushed in some way.

Eyebrow trimming just scares the hell out of me..... Never figured out what exactly it was for and if it's risky and will your brows grow back if it messes them up? I noticed mine are a bit long.... :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->