The Hermès Thread (Feb 03 - Feb 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Really? WOW.

How does it feel? :unsure:

How does Hermes scout their skins? Do you think they experiment with all different animals skins?

Stingray is pretty commonly used, actually. I have some sandals in stingray, and the skin really nice. The surface is sort of pebbly but polished... there's an iridescence to it.

I don't know much about shark leather, or if Hermes uses it.

My SA called to let me know that he has a birkin for me. It's a 30 cm natural toile mosaic (toile fabric with H prints on it) / marron baobab (hope I spell it correctly) / palladium hardware. It's a bit different from my order (natural toile mosaic with black or gold barenia and palladium hardware but the SA said it's very unique, pretty and hard to find. Is that true? Any idea or suggestion?

I will go to see it in person at the H boutique and let you guy know how I like it.

Yesss, I just pick up my new birkin today! It's so cute, light and special! I still have not had a chance to take photo of my new baby birkin as I have been busy with my baby girl all afternoon and this evening.

Anyway, I find the below pics from the purse forum and it's exactly the same as my new birkin. Mind is a 30 cm and the grain on the leather looks finer. Hope you guys like it too. ^_^

attachment.php

attachment.php

Source: The Purse Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I love your new black birkin, leyla m. I also look forward to a 30 cm black togo with either gold or palladium hardware. Surprisingly, it's so hard to get the basic colors and leather like black togo or gold togo in my town these days!

Today I went into the Hermes I generally go to about once a year and I was purchasing a scarf. The gentleman who usually helps me saw me drooling over a small Croc Birkin in a sort of brick color, and he opened the case for me and let me hold it, which it was the first time I've ever handled an Hermes bag, and let me just tell you lucky ones that own a bag from there, it was a feeling unlike anything else. It was such an incredible bag, and you all are so lucky to feel that way everytime you use your bags!!! One of these days I will join you:smile: He said that they had one with diamonds in recently!!

I would love a crocodile Kelly. (I prefer Kellys to Birkins.) Way out of my price range, though. But I think the diamond studded bags are pretentious.

oh man, that toile Birkin is gorgeous!!!! i totally prefer Toile over full leather (strange, i know, but it looks "cleaner" to me, fresher. it also boggles my mind that it's more expensive than full leather lol)

I prefer the Kelly as well, and I too think the diamond ones are silly, I think he said it sold for around 200,000. Can you imagine??

Hermès doesn't sell Birkin bags online. there are only online shops which sell second hand Birkins and DEFINITELY not at such a price point.

That's what i thought, this prices isn't Hermés ones, so what is this, fake ones?!?
The wallets seans real are they?

it's the JPG Birkin. redesigned by JPG, Jean Paul Gaultier. one of rarest Birkins around.

if you want a specific color/leather/hardware combo, you can put yourself on the waitlist. if you'Re confident enough, you can try to ask at your local Hermes boutique if they have Birkins in stock and see what they can offer you there and then.

it's the JPG Birkin. redesigned by JPG, Jean Paul Gaultier. one of rarest Birkins around.

if you want a specific color/leather/hardware combo, you can put yourself on the waitlist. if you'Re confident enough, you can try to ask at your local Hermes boutique if they have Birkins in stock and see what they can offer you there and then.

Thank you :flower: I'm going to call the store and see what I can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->