The Price Is Wrong!

Chanel rainboots that I saw in Bergdorfs some years ago. They didn't even develop their own molds - they just glued a logo patch on at the heel (Marc Jacobs developed his own mold!), therefore the cost price I worked out to be less than $5 for a retail of $400 :woot: .

Chanel sell so much cheap tat for super high mark ups.

Now the Dior pool shoes - I can understand the high price. They did their own mold. Last time I inquired with a mold maker the cost price of opening a set of blown eva molds and uppers that go with them was about $40,000

As for the MJ rainboots - pretty similar costs.

I think most of Diors clothes and accessories are overpriced, but I still buy it :innocent:

Also I think Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Galliano, Vuitton etc.. are all very overpriced...

I agree. def dior homme. Although the quality of their clothes are great, still overpriced.

I gonna say everything.

But we must remember , we are not just paying for the materials, I think we are probably paying a lot more for the hype as well.....

But even with all the design and advertising, it doesn't make sense for a leather jacket to cost more than a leather sofa.

I think that anything designer and made in China...
they still charge you as if it came from Italy or EU!...

Plastic'sWife said:
I think that anything designer and made in China...
they still charge you as if it came from Italy or EU!...
so true :lol:

but to the question : I think Dior (obviously) has the wrong prices I nearly fainted when I asked for the price of a sweatband which said Dior in tiny letters on it ....£80 :shock:

Prada rainbow gauffre bags, whatever they're called, they're freaking NYLON and they're priced 2000$ +! The same with their nylon totes,900$ for two squares of synthetic material with "prada" cut out in the middle. WTF???!

Everything... why are the prices of things rising as we make less and less, and find it harder and harder to find jobs? In Canada you're in the top 10% of earners if your HOUSEHOLD makes 131,000$ a year! A generous estimate says that'll buy you around 131 designer whatevers... so how are the oh...90% of regular people supposed to afford designer stuff? :huh: Might be time for a reality check.

Chanel is WAY overpriced, for everything.

Actually, all designer pieces, aide from maybe those cute little pencil sharpeners from Marc, are overpriced. 100+ for a cotten tshirt? 200+ for a leather belt? 500+ for a purse? You're paying for the name more than the goods.
I find good quality, well-fitted clothing at Gap, Express, and H&M. You get what you pay for, and it looks nice. So why would I bother paying triple for something that looks the same, but isn't nesscessarily any better?

The only brand I can justify are Tod's shoes. For handmade, Italian leather shoes, which are know their quality anyway, they really aren't that expensive.

Burberry trenches are goregeous, but not a 1000+ bucks a pop. I found a pretty nice one at the thrift store for 5 dollars.......:D

Yep. I'm cheap.

ibimus said:
The only brand I can justify are Tod's shoes. For handmade, Italian leather shoes, which are know their quality anyway, they really aren't that expensive.

Yes, Tod's seems like it's the luxury brand for sensible people. It's half the price of other brands, yet really high quality!

Prada nylon, Chanel canvas.. The Prada robots, the Chanel tulle-brooches.. Galliano t-shirts (you can't find anyone for under 400 $ in my country).

Yes agree with all the above! I also think Chloe clothing is way way overpriced For instance, this very very plain simple white summer dress,
2250 pounds, which is over 4.5k dollars, its crazy, and worse still, there is NO detailing in this dress to set it apart from one that you could pick up on the high street. Completely rediculous.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/19585

Chloe-Babe said:
Yes agree with all the above! I also think Chloe clothing is way way overpriced For instance, this very very plain simple white summer dress,
2250 pounds, which is over 4.5k dollars, its crazy, and worse still, there is NO detailing in this dress to set it apart from one that you could pick up on the high street. Completely rediculous.

What are you talking about!? That must be some really amazing chiffon! :lol::rolleyes:

Chloe-Babe said:

JESUS! This is absolutely outragous :angry: :angry: :angry: :shock:

I think Chanel is the ultimate ridiculousness of overpriced CRAP

I'd have to say Prada Nylon. It is not worth it. Also L.A.M.B bags, not a credible designer to be charging 500+ for a bag.

Agreeing.. The chanel tulle brooches are still sick though. I think they were around 400 $ + :

P2021055.JPG

Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->