The revolving door at Emanuel Ungaro (please put all Ungaro news here)

I think if ANYONE is going to revive Ungaro, it is going to Alber Elbaz. A lot of people think that what he does is very LANVIN, but everytime I see a Elbaz collection I think UNGARO.

This guy has some great designs ! Exciting ! Surprisingly I was thinking about Ungaro and watching some of the older shows. I hope they allow for Haute Couture.

This is exciting! I can't wait to see what he'll do, but I predict some great results.

Ah I'm glad they're giving a young designer a go. At the very least I'm sure it can't be as bad as the Lohan/Archs disaster.

Here's an old note that answer your question jmrmartinho

GILES DEACON has left his position as creative director of Emanuel Ungaro.

"I am very proud of the work that I - and my team - did at Ungaro, and it was a pleasure to work in Monsieur Ungaro's studio and with members of his actual atelier," Deacon told us today. "I am going to concentrate on the global development of the Giles brand with some exciting one-off projects in the pipeline for next year - and I'm really excited about presenting the Giles spring/summer 2012 collection on Monday evening."

Deacon's successor at Ungaro has not yet been named, but he or she will be the sixth designer in as many years to take the helm of the brand - after high-profile departures by Giambattista Valli, Vincent Darré, Peter Dundas, Esteban Cortazar and Estrella Archs, who worked alongside artistic advisor Lindsay Lohan for one season.

"Emanuel Ungaro embodies a very rich and distinct DNA which the company will deliver with a modern spirit," Jeffry M. Aronsson, the recently appointed ceo of Emanuel Ungaro, said today. "The creative process for executing our strategy is largely in place and I will comment on this further at the appropriate time."

vogue.co.uk

Fausto Puglisi? Is this an absolute joke? All he's done is variations of the same dress with the same embellishment on repeat!
Did Anna Della Russo have something to do with this? Ungaro is a laughing stock, Dundas, Lindsey Lohan, Giles, and now the next random direction to go is Puglisi? How is he supposed to make Ungaro a profitable clothing brand when he can't even do a variation of different garments at his own?

How silly of me to think that the revolving door would stop turning for a few years. :lol:

Fausto Puglisi? Is this an absolute joke? All he's done is variations of the same dress with the same embellishment on repeat!
Did Anna Della Russo have something to do with this? Ungaro is a laughing stock, Dundas, Lindsey Lohan, Giles, and now the next random direction to go is Puglisi? How is he supposed to make Ungaro a profitable clothing brand when he can't even do a variation of different garments at his own?

All this. His style is 100% Milan, who thought he would be good choise for Ungaro? I wish they had hired a french designer like Maxime Simoens or even Alexandre Vauthier.

maybe they think he will be doing his same embellishment at Ungaro and everyone will be buying it ! but i'm looking forward to see his work for Ungaro

Of course ADR is behind this...mostly because she is the one who put him into the fashion spotlight...he was basically a nobody before she started wearing his dresses :lol:
Btw I do not think he will feature his signature over embellished dresses but he will probably focus on the maison archives

Stefano Pilati should be there. He did a good job at YSL when he worked with prints, colors and ruffles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->