The revolving door at Emanuel Ungaro (please put all Ungaro news here)

Estrella doesn't work for Ungaro anymore (she will focus in her own brand too). She's been there for only two seasons. Next season we'll see who is in charge of the brand's creative direction, if it's Giles I'm afraid he could break the record with only one season as its designer.

Few articles about it from today:

THE Ungaro plot grows thicker today with the announcement that head designer Estrella Archs has left her position at the French house.
"Estrella Archs announces that she has left her job as chief designer of Emanuel Ungaro due to irreconcilable differences related to the creative direction of the brand," a spokesperson for the designer confirmed today. "Estrella Archs will continue developing her own brand, established in 2007, and presenting her collections in the Paris Fashion Week."
The Central Saint Martins-trained designer headed up the Ungaro design team alongside Lindsay Lohan as artistic adviser. Lohan announced she was no longer with the label during Paris Fashion Week in March and the ceo who brought her to the company, Mounir Moufarriage, left shortly after.
Archs departure paves the way for a new creative director, the fifth in five years, which is rumoured to be Giles Deacon.
Vogue.com

GILES DEACON said he was unable to comment this morning as rumours surfaced that he may be in line to assume fashion's most precarious creative director role, at the helm of Emanuel Ungaro.
Deacon was spotted talking with Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah and his management team on Friday in Avenue Montaigne's Le Relais Plaza, WWD reports, and whispers suggest that head designer Estrella Archs is set to follow artistic adviser Lindsay Lohan in leaving the label.
Ungaro began handing over the creative reins to Giambattista Valli in 1998 but by 2005 both had left the company and new owner Abdullah began a creative director merry-go-round that has, as yet, not found a comfortable successor. Vincent Darré took the reins first in 2005, only to be replaced by Peter Dundas after two seasons. Two seasons later Dundas himself was replaced by Esteban Cortazar, who also lasted just three seasons, and was replaced by Lohan and Archs.
Abdullah remains keen to create a "sustainable" future for the loss-making label, aiming to be profitable by 2011.
Vogue.com

PARIS — Estrella Archs, the chief designer hired last year to work beside artistic adviser Lindsay Lohan at Emanuel Ungaro, is exiting the French fashion house.

Citing “irreconcilable differences related to the creative direction of the brand,” Archs said she left her job and will focus on developing her signature brand, established in 2007 and shown on the runway during Paris Fashion Week.

As reported, Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah has been trolling for new fashion talent in plain sight, spotted by WWD last week lunching with popular London-based designer Giles Deacon — and Ungaro’s management team — at fashion canteen Le Relais Plaza.

Ungaro had no comment Tuesday on the departure of Archs and said it would name a new creative director in due course.

Arch’s debut Ungaro collection last October at Lohan’s side was pilloried by the press. She showed a second Ungaro collection last March, with Lohan already out the door.

Engaging a controversial celebrity to wake up a sleepy house was the brainchild of Mounir Moufarrige, the former company president who parted ways with Ungaro last December.

Known for feminine frills, polka dots and the color fuchsia, Ungaro has seen a revolving door of designers since the retirement of its founder in 2004.
wwd,com

This whole drama at Ungaro since Valli or Dundas left is totally a joke! It's so disgraceful to Mr.Ungaro and those customers who truly love this brand.
They'd better close it down. Poor thing.

This is totally surreal, it looks like a hopeless case right now. Although five years ago Balmain was also a hopeless case and nowadays it's everywhere...

Archs said she wasn't proud of her work at Ungaro as it couldn't have been any other way. I wonder what can motivate Asim to hire such good "designers" as Estrella or Giles (if it's true, I hope it isn't). I can't see any sense in what he's doing with the brand, he's playing with it so badly. Meanwhile Emanuel is alive seeing this embarrasing kaos that's taking place at the brand he stablished fourty-five years ago. Poor Ungaro. :(

it is sad what they've been doing there...i can't imagine how emanuel feels. just the whole musical designers they've been playing in a mere six years for a start is enough to make it feel like a big absurd joke. and then they top it off and hire a train-wreck celeb? this is not supposed to happen to respectable house.

:lol: I cannot believe they fired Archs too,the whole situation is just hilarious though,first Lilo is out,and now her!
I think there's nothing more to say than the brand is officially dead,only a miracle would save the house...even if latest collection(without Lindsay's contribute) was QUITE decent
It's funny how Archs said that she wasn't satisfied of her job,but managed to show these atrocities on the runway :rolleyes:
emanuel-ungaro.1.00130h-2009.10.04.16.06.28.2498041_base.jpg
emanuel-ungaro.1.00270h-2009.10.04.16.04.36.107479_base.jpg

style

^ Not necessarily. It shouldn't take much to get the house back on track, all you need is a decent designer. Dundas would do the job quite well, though I'm not sure if he's even a viable option at this stage.

:shock: i´m happy for giles:buzz: but i feel sorry for archs...anyway...
Exclusive: It's official Giles Deacon is in at Ungaro
jcreportglobal twitter

:shock: Wow. That was kinda unexpected. I mean Giles Deacon is an ideas man and he is a pretty creative guy, but Ungaro??? Really? Ugh I dont even care anymore.

Yeah, I think it's going to be very different which gets me quite excited.

..Though I thought Giles was supposed to be the new designer at Schiaparelli when it re-opened? (That is, if it still is going to re-open..)

Good thing about being Giles is that after all the turmoil the house has been under for the past year, it won't take much to cause a positive impression.. :innocent:

Grazia's reporting that Giles has been confirmed, Vogue.com however is saying they've spoken to him and there's "nothing new" to say about the situation..

DESPITE the blogosphere generating more stories today claiming that Giles Deacon has been confirmed as the new Emanuel Ungaro creative director, the man himself told us again today that there is nothing new to report on the situation.
Deacon was spotted in Paris last week having lunch with Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah and his management team at Avenue Montaigne's Le Relais Plaza, but the designer told us then - and again today - that there is no change in the situation.
Ungaro's artistic adviser Lindsay Lohan departed last month, followed by the label's ceo Mounir Moufarriage - and most recently, last Tuesday, the brand's head designer Estrella Archs told us she was no longer at Ungaro.
Vogue.com

I wonder why everyone messes this up. They have such a beautiful archive to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->