Emanuel Ungaro - The All-Things Emanuel Ungaro Thread

At first I though this had already happened, but I was remembering the time he worked with Hervé Léger in 2022 and that was pretty abysmal looking. Roach really doesn't have any taste at all, just relies on the work of others and their archives to elevate their own mediocrity.

Remember the last show the Roach did for Herve Léger:

I mean…Sarah Jessica Parker failed with Halston despite the great number of designers they had.

In a way, kudos to him for being ambitious but clearly? The man has no real understanding of the industry.
For Ungaro to be a billion dollar….

You need more than good designs to rebuild a house like that.
Balmain is not even a 1 billion and the relaunched was maybe the last great relaunch of the century.

One of my dream has always been to be attached to that kind of project (I’m more Sonia Rykiel than Ungaro though) so I can connect on the excitement, but Mr Roach is confusing.

For all that's still said/alluded about it, I feel like the vision of Lindsay (and Estrella's) collection was actually a bit ahead of its time in the sense that now mostly everything's equally bad (lol jk) and each year that passed made the whole thing feel way less tragic. And after learning these "news", I'm actually a bit surprised Law hasn't put Zendaya in one of those looks (like in an attempt to "reclaim it") because I can easily picture her absolutely selling the hell out of them.

One of my dream has always been to be attached to that kind of project (I’m more Sonia Rykiel than Ungaro though) so I can connect on the excitement, but Mr Roach is confusing.
mg me too... Ive always been thinking of Ungaro.... I guess bc there is so much to work with. Ungaro has strong codes... Ive actually had dreams I was interviewing PR women for the Ungaro role.... Its crazy how energy works.

Ungaro has so much code to work with. More than many of his peers. Ungaro is a distinct defined look.

Last edited:
omg me too... Ive always been thinking of Ungaro.... I guess bc there is so much to work with. Ungaro has strong codes... Ive actually had dreams I was interviewing PR women for the Ungaro role.... Its crazy how energy works.
Reach out to Mr Roach when he buys the brand!
For me, Ungaro is difficult much like Cavalli is difficult (funny enough Peter Dundas did both brands). The hardest part is to find a designer and to find a strategy for a brand like that.
You can always what was done for Balmain with Emmanuelle Alt and Decarnin.

I don’t know if it would work simply because it’s Law Roach.

Reviving Sonia Rykiel would be dream! When I saw what Chemena did for Chloe, it really excited me even more about that dream! But unfortunately, it’s owned by Americans now.

Funny enough, don’t forget Fausto has done both as well. Lol

I looooved Peter Dundas collections for ungaro and Fausto also had better footing at Ungaro than he does at cavalli

To properly revive the house would take someone with an actual strategy and someone who wants to foster real talent, give it time to grow. Maybe something like Schiaparelli operation and growth strategy or it will just end up a brand with very cheap licensing and bad accessories sold at Tj max

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->