The Secret's Out

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
lucky featured it and now this...i just hope it doesn't sell out of the things i want... :o
i boutght the mini dress rima's talking about...8 mos ago...

March 18, 2004
BY RIMA SUQI

Mini Me
If you haven't heard of laredoute.com, take a moment and go to this site immediately. I read about it, went there, and have been positively amazed at how much cool stuff there is on this site. My assistant Asheley and I have been on it for an hour — hey, this is our JOB, ok! — trying to figure out what to buy. Her choice is this mini-dress by Vanessa Bruno, a total steal at $49.99. My choice is — what else? — the Alexandra Neel two-tone leather heels for $74.99. There's also a Viktor + Rolf velvet tuxedo — the jacket is under $100. I don't know how they do it, and I don't care. This is a total find.

La Redoute is very famous in Europe, as one of France's most popular and reliable 'catalogue' shopping.
It's quite established in this field (europeans are not great fan sof catalogue shopping) and has special seasonal collaborations with a range of 'hot' designers (btw Vanessa Bruno is very much on the rise in Paris)

:flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 7th, 2004 - 9:36 am
La Redoute is very famous in Europe, as one of France's most popular and reliable 'catalogue' shopping.
It's quite established in this field (europeans are not great fan sof catalogue shopping) and has special seasonal collaborations with a range of 'hot' designers (btw Vanessa Bruno is very much on the rise in Paris)

:flower:
yep LENA,

im always on their site...
they often have stuff that the designers carry in their current collections but soo much cheaper.
a PAUL AND JOE top that costs 300 EUROS in shops was 54 in LARedoute :woot:

i :heart: laredoute . . they have great stuff :flower: & they do great basics too

Bizarre! I have a couple of tops I bought in secondhand shops that have the label "LaRedoute" in them. I wonder if they had come from this place originally...

apparently they were bought by chadwick's of boston and lerner cataogues in the US...they sell about the same level of quality and design and price as laredoute in europe, but until very recently, the designer section of laredoute--(that's the only good stuff - imo)--was only available in the european catalog...that's very new and exciting news to those of us who have had to have things shipped by friends in the past... :flower:

vanessa bruno is a current obssession of mine...some of you may have seen me write about her in the past....the handbag i am currently using came from lareoute on sale and is by vanessa bruno...no one else over here has it, because it was never available in th US...and i just love having something so unique...and i'm very amused by the fact that most people think i spent a fortune on it.... :innocent:

that's all over now... :(
everyone in NY is going to have that damn dress this summer...

the designer items are the ONLY real good bargains on la Redoute.. and they only always have very few :doh:

the NEEL shoes are already finished :shock:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:58 pm
the designer items are the ONLY real good bargains on la Redoute.. and they only always have very few :doh:

see!!!...everyone fashion freak in NY is ordering frantically as we speak!!!... :lol:

i think i'm going to order a few pieces too ...before it's all gone... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 7th, 2004 - 10:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 7th, 2004 - 10:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:58 pm

see!!!...everyone fashion freak in NY is ordering frantically as we speak!!!... :lol:

i think i'm going to order a few pieces too ...before it's all gone... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
yeah you should.
i wanted to get some HAVAIANAS but i already got some nice beaded ones.

their ANTIK BATIK long tunic is not bad

Yeah, I like this place a lot. Heard about them in one of my mags and got hooked a while back. They have some cool stuff at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->