• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Sorrenti Family - Photographers

I'm so stupid!

I should have come to this thread earlier!

it contains everything I like!!! :buzz: :buzz: :heart:

'Solitary Refinement'
W November 2004
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Model Ruslana Korshunova

Attachments

• sr5.jpg
    sr5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
  • srpreview.jpg
    srpreview.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 20
  • sr1.jpg
    sr1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12
  • sr-1.jpg
    sr-1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 14
  • sr2.jpg
    sr2.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 15
  • sr6.jpg
    sr6.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 18
  • sr3.jpg
    sr3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 12
  • sr4.jpg
    sr4.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 16
great editorial robot... please remember to post the source... if you scanned it, let us know... if not then please credit the site that the pics came from

Kate Moss by Vanina Sorrenti

fashion_screen lj community

Kate Moss by Mario Sorrenti

herfamedgoodlooks.com

my love for peppi is pretty much never ending :smile: amazing amazing amazing ed, the colors are inspirational

Why haven't i found this thread before?!:woot: I love Mario. Been a huge fan of his for long time. There was a time in my life I wanted photography as a chosen profession just to get close to him, if you know what i mean :blush: . But Kate got in the way so I chose another path. :angry: B)

^^Thanks for all the Mario photographs that you posted Alien its very apppreciated.I love his work and i love his Kate Moss photographs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have more photos taken by Vanina Sorrenti or photos of those campaigns that she shot for chloe, ghost and cesare paciotti ?

The Independent, London Fashion - Girlie shoot

Vanina Sorrenti

"I love finding beauty in the unexpected", says Vanina Sorrenti, a scion of the Sorrenti photography dynasty (her mother is Francesca, her brother Mario).

Central to the 28- year- old Italian's work are her subjects - mostly friends, rarely stick- thin - who exude an individual kind of glamour, whether skinny dipping in granny knickers or reclining in lingerie on shabby sofas.

A former fashion stylist, Sorrenti eschews "hair- dos" and make- up in favour of picturing women in their natural glory - a style that the likes of Vogue, i- D and brands such as Chloé and Ghost have been happy to adopt. This, together with the signature chiaroscuro lightning that sculpts the glorius alabaster flesh of those who pose for her, make for an unsettlingly bold naturalism.

"I want to photograph someone you can aspire to, who is tangible", she says. "Not an illusion that you will never achieve."

Our Cameras, Our Selves nymag.com

.. Sorrenti takes such pains to be unprovocative that her pictures have a boldness all their own. She is the latest member of the Sorrenti clan to take aim behind the camera; her mother, Francesca, and older brother Mario are both respected photographers; her younger brother Davide, also a photographer, gained a different kind of fame when he died of a heroin overdose a few years back. But she hasn't followed in any of their footsteps, moving toward developing a candid style of working that has more in common with a fine- art paradigm than with fashion. For one thing, she doesn't use any makeup.
"It's obvious that with a woman shooting a woman the dynamic is completely different," says Sorrenti. "It's not as sexual, but it's a lot more intimate. When it's the same sex, women on women or men on men, you're not projecting anything on them but identifying. With women, I try to find something within them that's close to myself and heighten that beauty, glorify it. And it's not like an expected or preconceived beauty."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->