The Urban Decay Thread

Who else here is a sucker for Urban Decay? Anybody? I have got to say, even as an admitted MAC fanatic, that Urban Decay in some cases has better products. Their Deluxe shadows are fab-I have the shadow box-with Graffiti and Fishnet being obsessions of mine. Peace is the best turquoise shadow out there, bar none. The eyeliners kick butt too-they aren't great for waterlines but they have the best staying power of any that I have ever tried, and they do not irritate my sensitive eyes. Their Jones eyeshadow is my new favourite. When I got it (and was eyeing it) I considered it a dupe for Lancome's Candid (way back in the early 2000's) but after swatching the two, Jones is the perfect peachy-orange shadow.

So share your thoughts...:innocent:

I :heart: urban decay!!!!!the eyeshadows,OMG!!I love asphyxia,mildew,x they're sparkly without being loaded with glitter..(although there are also a lot of them containing it!:D)
I think their staying power is better than Nars,which for me was the best until I tried UD.Also I love the fact that the colours are the same as you see them in the package,they don't go on sheer when you put them on..they're extremely highly pigmented which I love,so if you want the effect to be less vibrant you just put less..oooh I love them!!!!:heart:
and thank you trista for opening this thread!!!!!:flower:karma!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love urban decay too! I havn't got much from them yet but I was eyeing this gorgeous pallete the other day!
Also the primer potion is AMAZING!

Which shadow box were you checking out? (I love that term...shadow box...) My favourite is the Deluxe one, if only they took out Zero and put Heat or Sting in there. Adore isn't really my cup of tea.

And I LOVE how the solo Deluxe shadows are a little compact, with different tops for each shade as well as the mirror.

^ooh I love that term too, I think i'm going to have to start using it :D.
and yes it was the deluxe one I was looking at, It has so many fabulous colours I think I'm going to have to get it! I agree about Zero, I think it's too dark for a palette which is otherwise vibrant and bright!
^_^
shadowbox.jpg

urbandecay.com

Oh, I love Urban Decay. I have a few of their Deluxe shadows and they're incredible. Graffiti is the most gorgeous green I've ever seen in my life, and I have A LOT of green eyeshadows.

I also like their regular line of eyeshadows, except for the ones with the chunks of glitter. Those have terrible fallout - I used to have Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, but it was so glittery that I had to get rid of it.

The 24/7 pencils are the best eyeliners out there, IMO. I don't use pencil liners that often, but when I do I reach for these. They're so pigmented and they literally glide on smoothly and easily.

I really want to try their new colored mascaras, especially the Black Cherry one:

291.jpg

urbandecay.com

Those mascaras have piqued my interest BIG-TIME. I have been searching for a good purple one for ages, and I've heard so many good things about Big Fatty Mascara (or from here on out, BFM).

Their Commando lipgloss kind of rocks my socks off to be honest.

I love their eyeshadows. The pigmentation is unmatched for the most parts. They make my favorite purple in the world, Flash. I have a zillion makeup things but UD Flash is my fave!

I have heard of the company and always wanted to try their products. After all these rave reviews I have to.

I have never had access to Urban Decay products so I am not that familiar with the line. However, since a Sephora is finally opening in my hometown I will have the joy of checking them out. The eyeliners and coloured mascaras look so amazing!!! If the quality is anything like my beloved eyeshadow primer potion then I think I will be hooked.

I think I only use UD when it comes to eyecolor products, like shadow and liner, but I do really like them. They have so many nice colors it's always hard to decide which one to buy. the only thing is the packaging, isn't great, I've have eyeshadows break up several times, but the pigments are still good in crushed form :wink: .

And I have to second the 24/7 liner rave. I only have electric blue but it actually does go on crazy smooth for a pencil and stays put for a long time (but of course washes off easily too).

Honestly I have never purchased or tried any of their lip, cheek, or face products. Don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:
The eyeliners are great and actually halfway decent on the waterline. I use Zero for that purpose alone, because it really makes my eyes pop but at the same time it doesn't look all Goth.

I'm weird too; I only use the eye product from UD. I haven't even tried out the lips or anything.

I've used their lipgloss and it's nothing special, I prefer Stila...but I bought the UD Eyeshadow Vault and it's half full already...love.

i love the glitter liquid eyeliner!

I *love* UD's eye makeup! Also haven't tried their other stuff... I am obsessed with the 24/7 liners. I have it in electric (aqua/turqoise), dime (silver), and baked (bronze). Literally, every day, I'll line under my eye with one of those. I'm also a big fan of the UDPP. Haven't tried their eyeshadows, but have been eyeing that deluxe shadow box for a while. I really want to try their liquid liners, as smog and thames got great reviews on makeupalley..Also I see they will be discontinued sometime :(. Am a bit nervous though because I don't have a steady hand, and usually use gel/pencil liner.

Oh yeah, the 24/7 liner in Lust is awesome. I swear they make the best purples.

I totally need to get a full-size next time Ulta sends me a coupon (well that and Zero). Lust IS amazing, I went to MAC one time and the girls loved my liner (Lust with Headbanger over it). Zero is great for the waterline. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but now I use my MAC 209 brush with the Zero shadow OVER what I lined with the Zero pencil. It really defines the eye.

i have the 24/7 eyeliner in gunmetal and it smudges, even with UDPP on! :doh: don't the rest of the colors??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->