The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread #2

I never in a million years would've thought of TF designing vegan anything. Hello, his taste for "luxury" in anaconda boots and alligator dresses.
Although how vegan can they be? (i.e. Fish-oil free soles?) Those gladitor boots have grown on me though.

Does anyone of you cook here? Just made this today. Yum! Been trying for a few months where I try to focus on eating a plant based diet. Let me know if you want the recipe for it!

P1011302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something interesting and something sad (for me) that`s vegan-related
Sad...
I just read that M.A.C. cosmetics since selling in China, has conducted animal testing. They have been added to the Peta list of cruelty free companies. (Sorry if this news is old, but just recently brought to my attention). This really upsets me, I even sent them an email---something I never do, but felt really compelled to.

Interesting....
Tom Ford designed vegan boots for Anne Hathaway for her Les Miserables premiere in NYC.
Thoughts?

Elle

My thoughts are he should have stopped at the ankle. I also wish that pleather weren't so often PVC (petroleum byproduct and particularly nasty plastic).

One of my favourite meals as of late is tabouleh and flatbread with hummus and eggplant falafel. I find myself craving it almost everyday.

P1011530.jpg

i used to eat kimchi with plain rice but i've recently found a better combination for it.
the above would be suitable for vegetarians since it contains eggs. as for kimchi, it would be better if you could make your own as some of the pre packaged ones sold in supermarkets contain fish sauce.

^
I make my own kimchi sometimes and I put fish sauce in it, and shrimp paste. But there are definitely easy veggie ways to do it. I love Korean food! ^_^

Also my favorite vegan cookbook author has an instagram account and she posts wonderful looking photos of vegan cooking:
http://instagram.com/isachandra

Does anyone else follow the blog ohsheglows? I find myself reading it everyday. Not only lovely recipes, but insightful words on health research too ^_^

i would suggest the documentary Forks over Knives , where this whole thing is discussed and how as humans weren't really created to eat from all this animals and we just evolved from it, and how with just stop eating all this animal orgin food (including meat, eggs, milk...) people had actually gotten better health and more energy when suppously all this foods are so important to us because they have calcium and proteins... (meaning we can still get the right amount of this elements from things that grow from the earth) it shows with some facts how vegetables can change someone's health and decrease the possibilities of heart diseases and other kind of illness too.

then again, i'm just a pescetarian, it's a very interesting documentary and i thought it was pretty reasonable, but not enough for me to become a vegan, at least not yet or not in my country when finding food for vegan people it's really hard. :smile:

Forks over Knives is amazing! Anything featuring T. Colin Campbell is a really interesting outlook on a plant based diet. I really enjoyed the documentary too because it's focus is less on the ethical aspect of veganism, but more on nutrition which I think is an excellent way to introduce someone into the vegan lifestyle. It doesn't lecture, it simply shows the credible results of improving one's heart, diabetes etc.. with changes in their diet. ^_^

Those are the best!
For anyone in the Philly area: Singapore in Chinatown is my favorite.

Those are the best!
For anyone in the Philly area: Singapore in Chinatown is my favorite.

Ya, I don't know how they do it, but the fake veggie ribs, "chicken" chow mien and the veggie pot stickers are my fav. They are also a really good Kung Pao "shrimp."

Forks over Knives is amazing! Anything featuring T. Colin Campbell is a really interesting outlook on a plant based diet. I really enjoyed the documentary too because it's focus is less on the ethical aspect of veganism, but more on nutrition which I think is an excellent way to introduce someone into the vegan lifestyle. It doesn't lecture, it simply shows the credible results of improving one's heart, diabetes etc.. with changes in their diet. ^_^

I finally watched forks over knives yesterday. I must say it´s an awesome movie! I totally loved it.
I am vegetarian for a long time now. My boyfriend decided to eat less meat now.
Just one question: They kept on saying less cooking-oil or no oil at all, but how to stir-fry (correct word? ) without oil?

^ don't think you can.

i haven't seen this, but my understanding is that fruit oils are preferable to vegetable oils.

sometimes when i saute i'll start with olive oil, and then add a bit of water instead of more oil as cooking progresses.

Just one question: They kept on saying less cooking-oil or no oil at all, but how to stir-fry (correct word? ) without oil?

Perhaps they meant to eliminate or cut down on unhealthy oils such as palm, cottonseed and vegetable oils and switch for coconut, avocado or grapeseed oils.

^ And with all oils, gotta remember not to heat them up past smoke point. Otherwise it is super carcinogenic :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->