TJ Maxx / TK Maxx

for me TJ maxx and their sister stores are a bonanza for high end perfume/shampoos etc....

i regularly buy philosophy body care products. its certainly cheaper than buying them at sephora. and the perfume is 50% cheaper there than at department stores.

I'm in Glasgow Scotland and we have two great TK Maxx in the city. They have all kinds of designer stuff (Gold Label as they call it) and my favorite brand ever - AllSaints!!!

does anyone know which TK Maxx in London is the best?

196071_10150877972011733_872672332_n.jpg

I just got the Theysken's Theory Jiguo embellished woven linen vest (blue/white) from the Glasgow TKMaxx. It was RRP£550 and was selling for £99 at TKMaxx. Then it was marked down to £33!

It was seen on Gossip Girl!!! I can't believe my luck. And you can see it better here: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/113194

nice! i found a Céline skirt for $44 yesterday and snapped it up... needs a little but of sewing around the zipper and i have to figure out the best way to wear it (it's white, knee length, kind of flowy and has a couple ties hanging down that i'm not sure how to tie)

the one in kensington is good but its not that cheap, lots of prada/and nice stuff but its still about £300+

Hi there, I'm actually visiting London in August and my hotel is near Kensington high street. Is that TKMaxx near the tube station?

^hahaha i was just about to ask for TJ/TK MAXX in london.

I went to the one in Birmingham/uk yesterday, and they had a great selection of merino sweaters from Theory, few pieces by phylosophy alberta ferretti, pierre balmain wool poncho, chloe coats, love moschino pieces and finally some nice Tibi tops ! I recommend it!

It's markdowns time! Scored a $10 Juicy Couture swimsuit yesterday, as well as a denim dress for $10. No major designers at the store here in Iowa, but some good deals. :wink:

I'm actually trying to avoid going in...
I end up spending WAY too much money buying tons of stuff I don't technically need :P

Deals are really so great, though.

I amped up my dress collection on the cheap a month or so ago and it was just what I needed to refresh my summer wardrobe.

It's markdowns time! Scored a $10 Juicy Couture swimsuit yesterday, as well as a denim dress for $10. No major designers at the store here in Iowa, but some good deals. :wink:

Noooo! I don't have money to go there, I end up spending more when they have markdowns b/c I buy so much!!!

But thanks for the heads up!

For Londoners: TK Maxx just opened a new store in Balham and so far it looks promising. Decent clothing sections for men, women and children, good handbag and makeup/skincare section, but almost no home-wares. They had some pieces by Elizabeth and James, Kenzo, Theory, Moschino, Ralph Lauren, some pretty famous knitwear brand that right now I can't remember the name of...
Btw knitwear is surprisingly cheap there at the moment.
Didn't get anything for myself, just some gifts and baby stuff, but I'm very tempted to go back.

Does anyone else feel that they're more expensive than they used to be? And they don't mark down as low as a few years ago? Don't get me wrong, I still think TJ Maxx offers great deals on everything, and I never leave empty handed, but I bought a purse there the other day thinking it was such a great deal (and it was)... but then I saw the same bag on hautelook yesterday for cheaper (okay... only 2 cents cheaper)... but it seems like I never find the dirt cheap stuff that I used to. I saw Michael by M Kors bags there for $250 the other day, and they used to be less than $200. Now I just feel like I'm complaining... it's still a good deal, I just miss the days where I would see premium denim on the clearance racks for $5-$15 and Elizabeth & James for $20. . . could be that the store is just more popular now so not as many things make it to clearance.

I haven't seen yellow stickers yet at my local TJ Maxx, but a lot of their red sticker clearance has been marked down several times. Lots of Vince (still $50-70), Tory Burch (35-70 I think) and I found a pair of Helmut Lang leather pants for $25 (originally $925)... I'm going to sell them though because they're too small. I saw a lovely Zac Posen dress but it was still $400 on clearance. Lots of less expensive labels (Cynthia Rowley, Max Studio, etc... ) for $5-$10 a piece. Lots of non "designer" Italian labels I've never heard of too with really pretty sweaters and blouses. Also Cole Haan wallets marked down to $30 (retail $175). I'm really hoping that Zac Posen dress is still there after they start the yellow sticker markdowns.

Have won many a steal from TJMaxx. Wouldn't a) go there for an afternoon with girlfriends or b) brag about shopping there, but do secretly love it.

For Londoners wanting a designer-heavy TK Maxx, try the one at the base of the Gherkin. It's amazing.

I got a beautiful forest green Valentino knit dress with a somewhat open back for $150 the other day.
Original TJMAXX price listed $999 and the $150 sticker appeared to be the only markdown.

Don't know if it was a total fluke, but hey, I'll take it.

Already wore it to my work's holiday party last night (got lots of compliments) and will wear it again tomorrow to a small engagement party :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->