• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tory Burch F/W 11.12

thedanae

tFS STAFF
Reaction score
Tory%20Burch%20RF11%209743NEW.jpg

Tory%20Burch%20RF11%209358NEW.jpg
Tory%20Burch%20RF11%209765NEW.jpg

NYFW front page on tFS today: Tory Burch Fall 2011 Runway Review

Images from tFS via IMAXtree

This collection is just weird to me... :ermm:

There's a weird, 70s boho-chic vibe that she seems to be trying to achieve but then she's also got the pussybows in there that seem to aim at a more buttoned up audience... just doesn't look cohesive to me, and maybe even a bit sloppy.

Tory Burch is supposed to be about easy clothes and none of this is really speaking to the aesthetic that we know her for.

Chrissy M, I'll be a contrarian to your view. (Respectfully of course :wink:

Every piece in this collection worked for me. And I can't say that about any other collection I've seen this NYFW....Yet.

Given, I'm partial to anything with a 70's vibe, I just felt that she got it right being that I think workable 70's vibe was what she was going for.

There are some really nice pieces here, like that 3/4 sleeve leather pop-over. Yet I do feel like the collection could've been more concise. Some of the references seem mixed to me, even within a single outfit, like the lace, with the textured knit, layered with a plushy vest-coat. I don't know. Some looks I really like; others, not so much. Feels hit and miss. Saleable, then, of course, as there are some hits. But as a collection, it just seems like it could've been edited better, to create stronger cohesion.

Chrissy M, I'll be a contrarian to your view. (Respectfully of course :wink:

Every piece in this collection worked for me. And I can't say that about any other collection I've seen this NYFW....Yet.

Given, I'm partial to anything with a 70's vibe, I just felt that she got it right being that I think workable 70's vibe was what she was going for.

yes! please feel free to disagree :P

you've made me take another look...
still not exactly my cup of tea, but not as odd as i initially thought.. i'll admit that ^_^

there are not too many pieces in this collection that i will buy next season....

i can't knock tory for knowing her audience. in a season of the seventies, she's provided her typically safe yet just-fashion-forward-enough fare for her core clientel. those skirts, in particular, look like they could outfit the preppy girl set from newport to orange county. with her trademark flats, a funky top from nordstrom's savvy, and a status bag, of course.

Mikei, you've got quite a good point there. I've always thought Tory's stuff were things which young girls would buy, and I think this collection really fits that mold.
I also agree with edsbgrl.
I really like all of the looks, especially the simple straight hair and no makeup look. Most of them seem really well put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->