Trends you regret trying

jssy4eva

Reaction score
What is that one moment in the past where you were thinking....DAMN....I look good...and now looking back you know that you looked like a fool......

Mine would have to be:

The Timeberland Stllettos....although i still wear them occassionally

Peek a Boo Thong...eww...eww...ewwww...i don't know why i used to do this, it is so nasty...it's when a girl Lets the top two srings and the triangle of her thong stick out from behind her pants...so nasty....:sick:

Trucker Hat.....VON DUTCH was my thing and i spent 65 dollars on one of those stupid hats....gray and pink and i used to wear it so proudly.......:blink:

and anything 80's....i am sorry but that was the waste of a decade...i mean the hair, the tops, the looseness...it's just so wrong...so what are the fashion trends that you guys regret being a part of?????

Last edited by a moderator:
This goes waaaay back, but my biggest fashion regret is stirrup pants. Yes. I fell victim to the stirrup pant craze. What where we thinking?!

When I was 13-14, I had a bad habit of curling my bangs into a great, big, curly, puffy mat. I didn't know how to do the "mall hair" swoop, so I just curled the everlovin' crap out of my bangs, ran a brush through it, and hairsprayed it.

The rest of my hair was mildly wavy and often in a ponytail.

Yes, it looked really, really lame.

I was like 7
the sideways ponytails
and the all scrunchies *shudder!
and all that damn NEON!

In high school i went through a 80's Joan Jett phase, so the feathered black hair ripped jeans was pretty bad...oh the trauma of viewing my high school yearbook...

RAMONE.jpg

Oh yeah, I shouldn`t have bought these 2 Von Dutch Caps either...:doh:

...I wore Platform Shoes most of the 90s...:doh:

...and it slowly dawns on me that this summer`s nautical Look (which I fully bought in several variations already...) MAY look pretty ridiculous in the city...in fact, anywhere except sailing...:unsure:

Frye harness boots. I convinced myself I could pull them off, but they just looked stupid on me.

^hahaha
yah the nautical look, also you can't be a pirate just anywhere...

I'm having a hard time with this one. I guess I regret wearing really bleached-out/whiskered jeans a year or two ago. I dunno...it's not some huge regret or anything. :lol:

baggy jeans, i mean the really baggy ones
baby doll dresses (they don't suit me AT ALL)
straightened hair
fake nails (for one week, to see what it would be like to have nails, it was GROSS)
overalls (wayyy back when)
doc martens

these were all in different phases, of course

discostu said:
I like that look! ^_^ (that is if you mean hoodies and jackets together)
I think that could be cool, too.

Yeah, I gotta say i like the blazer/hoodie look too.

I think my biggest fashion regret would be wearing baggy things, specifically those Jnco skater jeans with rediculously wide leg widths (I'm talking like 33")....but, I was like 12 so it's all good now.

^That just reminded me...

The thing I most regret is wearing bootcut/flare-leg jeans/pants.

I would only do the hoodie + blazer look if i picked up that green dior homme one from a while back. But for now I'm putting that look to rest since everyone and their dads does it (with horribly too large hoodies and blazers as well) gack

Fox in the Snow said:
overalls (wayyy back when)

I remember to be really cool, we'd all only wear one strap or no straps at all....:unsure: they always rode up my butt way bad though...

^ oh goodness :rofl: I wore overalls but I was also like 10 so I don't feel too bad about it

...i.....had....a...vondutch...tanktop :sick: .. my grandma bought it for me and i've never worn it but stillllllllllllllllllllllllll

-overalls ( at the age of 10 or 11)
-baggys (12 or 13), the really HUGE ones , I still have them in my closet but don't know where they are.

Peopel from England might remember a band called Steps. The girls used to wear these loose flowing trousers that had skirts sewn onto them. Yes, I sadly followed this trend and wore it in Public also...as well as ON MY SCHOOL TRIP. The horror, it makes my heart contract when I think of it. Also the spice girls used to have those huge chunky platform shoes. Sadly I followed Baby Spice's lead and wore those big white ones :'(

Peopel from England might remember a band called Steps. The girls used to wear these loose flowing trousers that had skirts sewn onto them. Yes, I sadly followed this trend and wore it in Public also...as well as ON MY SCHOOL TRIP. The horror, it makes my heart contract when I think of it. Also the spice girls used to have those huge chunky platform shoes. Sadly I followed Baby Spice's lead and wore those big white ones :'(

dont worry we all went there. do you remember all saints and suddenly everyone loved combat pants.

also those tracksuit pants with the poppers up the sides, yes i had them for pe when i was like 8. pedal pushers, cycle shorts, those butterfly clips, erm those shorts which had long bits on the sides, any thing remotley glittery and britneyish, gypsey tops, erm actually most of my childhood clothes, i swear they used to be fashionable, honestly.

and more recently, a poncho and last year a von dutch cap again to wear in pe, god im a sport fashion victem, also i bought cowboy boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->