UK Harper’s Bazaar December 2022/January 2023 : The Women of the Year Issue

I received the Anya cover as my subscription issue - I wasn't looking forward to having to buy a second copy just to get one of the cover shots that I actually liked.

The issue is 242 pgs, so it's a decent size, and it doesn't shy away from being festive and having glitter and glamour.

My subscription comes to an end with this issue - I haven't yet decided to resubscribe, and it's not cheap either. I don't mind Erik Madigan Heck or constantly seeing stately homes and gardens, because at least they're unique to this edition. What I don't want is to pay good money to receive recycled content from the American edition, but that feels like an inevitability.

I've laid out the last six issues on a bed to go through them later, to see whether they were worth it.

The door might have been closing on print magazines for a long while, but now it feels like it's almost shut.

At this stage, Tatler remains my one reliable source of glamour, and who knows what might happen to it in the near future. We've reached the point with UK Vogue where a man gets put on the cover of a woman's magazine just so someone can shout FIRST! as if they're in a youtube comments section, so I won't be expecting much from that direction for a while.

Are they slowly taking over the US Bazaar aesthetic? Because the they all look quite US Bazaar to me.

The Viola Davis one reminds me a lot of Michelle Obama.
I was about to say it. Was there another Mobama series?

VIOLA DAVIS
Photography:
Alexi Lubomirski
Styling: Elizabeth Stewart
Hair: Jamika Wilson
Make-up: Sergio Lopez-Rivera
Model/Celebrity: Viola Davis

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition
Michelle Obama energy. Love it!

10 THINGS WE LOVE
Photography:
Stella Morais