US Elle November 2019 : The 'Women in Hollywood' Issue by Zoey Grossman & Jason Bell

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Kidman, Lena Waithe, Melina Matsoukas, Jodie Turner-Smith, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Zendaya, Mindy Kaling (all shot by Zoey Grossman) & Dolly Parton (shot by Jason Bell:(

ELLE.COM

Beige overload! Nicole's, and maybe Gwyneth's covers look stunning, but it's odd to see Gwyneth on a Women in Hollywood conversation considering the only movies she appears in seems to be Avengers franchise.

The rest is just too middle-of-the-road, with the Vuitton cover being the worst.

Women in Hollywood: they can do anything! ...and Scarlet Johansson knows well. Jk

I like Nicole’s and Gwyneth covers. But... why they put all the “unconventional” women in one cover. Sorry but at least Lena is solo cover material.

Women in Hollywood: they can do anything! ...and Scarlet Johansson knows well. Jk

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

At this rate one must wonder whether magazines are just trying to start drama by putting her on covers.

I couldn’t complain on the lineup and Scarlett’s cover is pastel perfection.

I actually like all of them! Some of the strongest Elle covers in a long time. I love the starkness of Scarlett’s and Gwyneth’s.

Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Charles Varenne
Hair by Anh Co Tran
Makeup by Jillian Dempsey
Manicure by Ashlie Johnson

elle.com

Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Shiona Turini
Matsoukas: Hair by Nakia Rachon; Makeup by Celina Rodriguez
Turner-Smith: Hair by Nai’vasha Makeup by Carola Gonzalez f
Waithe: Hair by Dominique Evans; Makeup by Rebekah Aladdin
All: Manicure by Thuy Nguyen

elle.com

Last edited:
Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Natasha Royt
Hair by Davy Newkirk
Makeup by Frankie Boyd

elle.com

Gwyneth's cover story is the type of content US Bazaar should be producing - generic, but still to a certain standard.

Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Charles Varenne
Hair by Mara Roszak
Makeup by Nina Park
Manicure by Millie Machado

elle.com

Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Natasha Royt
Hair by Larry Sims
Makeup by Sheika Daley
Manicure by Betina Goldstein

elle.com

Ph by Zoey Grossman
Styled by Shiona Turini
Hair by Marc Mena
Makeup by Janice Kinjo
Manicure by Thuy Nguyen

elle.com

Gwyneth's covers look stunning, but it's odd to see Gwyneth on a Women in Hollywood conversation considering the only movies she appears in seems to be Avengers franchise.

Could be about her new Netflix show, The Politician cause her Avengers career is over since Endgame. I actually like most of the covers, Nicole's the most, but it's probably because I like the women included. If it were anyone else, I wouldn't care. I hate the way Zendaya's hair is all over the place and her hairline looks weird but her face is gorgeous so I can get past that.

Gwyneth's covers look stunning, but it's odd to see Gwyneth on a Women in Hollywood conversation considering the only movies she appears in seems to be Avengers franchise.

I don´t know if it was Elle´s intention but the timing is perfect, regarding the book She Said and Gwyneth´s involvement in bringing Weinstein down.

How many "Women in -insert field-" have we had this year?! it feels like every other month there´s a multi cover theme...

My favorite cover is Scarlet´s though yeah, it feels weird to like something of hers :rofl:

But... why they put all the “unconventional” women in one cover. Sorry but at least Lena is solo cover material.

Exactly what I was thinking, they did the same thing last year. Not cute.

Is every issue just a woman in hollywood issue now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friendlesswaltz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->