V Magazine #112 Spring 2018 : Mariah Carey by Mario Testino

Whoever made the comments about her face were right! Literally the same in all the photos. How pathetic. Plus I don't get why she would be on a magazine, she's such a has been.

I wanted to be like her so so much when I was 12 years old and she was singing Emotions... Those days are long gone... :lol:

Can someone confirm the conspiracy? I cannot sleep. I need to know if they are the same faces in ALL THOSE SHOTS!

That must be Mariah's "good side," lord every photo her face is angled the same, same side

I wasn't interested in Testino story, so I have just read what's going on and... I don't understand why u hate him so much. You are all acting like he is sentenced and there are proofs. I am not saying he hasn't harassed people but nowadays its really easy to accuse someone. We are here to judge his work. Leave the rest to court.

When it comes to the photos I have to agree. Her face was obviously photoshopped. But I like the cover. Maybe because it looks a little creepy?

They've just phototshopped the same face onto several pictures....i mean really.
DYBUio2WkAABX62.jpg:large

(Spurce: VMagazine/My collage)

I wasn't interested in Testino story, so I have just read what's going on and... I don't understand why u hate him so much. You are all acting like he is sentenced and there are proofs. I am not saying he hasn't harassed people but nowadays its really easy to accuse someone. We are here to judge his work. Leave the rest to court.

When it comes to the photos I have to agree. Her face was obviously photoshopped. But I like the cover. Maybe because it looks a little creepy?

Some are so pitchfork-and-lynchmob-happy to see Mario and the rest taken down, their bloodlust blatantly couldn’t care less for due process; seems in synch with society's attitude. Reading some of these posts— like “I knew he’s like that, juts look at his shoots” is exactly the same damning pearl-clutching as when once it was the norm to instantly dismiss all gays and women who didn’t conform to their era’s prudent manners as deviants ready to snatch your sons and husbands away for their own debauchery.

Has Mariah ever looked high fashion in any shoots, in anything…? She is who she is— just more of a caricature of some 15yo’s ideal of what a diva is these days. The copy-and-paste face on the majority of the shots seems typical of her clueless demands because I can’t imagine even an intern would think that’s remotely appropriate for an editorial.But then again, it is V Magazine LOL

Optimistic Dystopia
Photographer:
Jackie Nickerson
Stylist: Amanda Harlech
Models: Lea Julian, Tom P. & Tiger Ferrier
Make-up: Val Garland
Hair: Ken O'Rourke

vmagazine.com

What more proof do you need? The men have been cross-questioned, I'm sure journalists did the whole nine yards fact checking everything. The last bloke went as far as to give timemarks etc. But in your opinion people should reserve comment, meaning Testino would be free to continue with his work until a judge lay down the law? Preposterous, and I for one am glad the real world doesn't operate that. Your line of thinking is the very reason why abuse in the industry seems so rampant and normalised. Because everyone concern themselves only with the bottom line, in this case, creative output. Bugger the ones used as collateral.

Consider yourself fortunate that you can so conveniently seperate the art from the artist. Even with no controversy attached to his name, I'd still hate on these images. The entire theme is not only lazy, but the photoshopping makes it positively atrocious.

Luckily there is a Jackie Nickerson edit which actually signals a ray of hope for V. It's time to let the underrated ones step up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah Ferguson lands an appearance in the 112th, March-April 2018 issue of V Magazine. Posing poolside, the American beauty wears vibrant looks from the spring collections. Hannah models alongside Jules Horn in the sun-drenched shots captured by Nathaniel Goldberg. Stylist David Bradshaw dresses the blonde wearing designs from the likes of Coach, Tom Ford and Burberry.

fashiongonerogue

What more proof do you need? The men have been cross-questioned, I'm sure journalists did the whole nine yards fact checking everything. The last bloke went as far as to give timemarks etc. But in your opinion people should reserve comment, meaning Testino would be free to continue with his work until a judge lay down the law? Preposterous, and I for one am glad the real world doesn't operate that. Your line of thinking is the very reason why abuse in the industry seems so rampant and normalised. Because everyone concern themselves only with the bottom line, in this case, creative output. Bugger the ones used as collateral.

Consider yourself fortunate that you can so conveniently seperate the art from the artist. Even with no controversy attached to his name, I'd still hate on these images. The entire theme is not only lazy, but the photoshopping makes it positively atrocious.

Luckily there is a Jackie Nickerson edit which actually signals a ray of hope for V. It's time to let the underrated ones step up.

This is my opinion and u dont have to agree - this is how real world works. Why are u so triggered? I just cant take all these abuse cases seriously. If I were abused I would immediately go to police. Yet most of "victims" decided to keep it as a secret because the abuser may destroy their career. And I am not talking about Testino story but the whole #metoo thing in general. We all know how modeling industry works. Remeber that I am not saying Testino is innocent.

This is my opinion and u dont have to agree - this is how real world works. Why are u so triggered? I just cant take all these abuse cases seriously. If I were abused I would immediately go to police. Yet most of "victims" decided to keep it as a secret because the abuser may destroy their career. And I am not talking about Testino story but the whole #metoo thing in general. We all know how modeling industry works. Remeber that I am not saying Testino is innocent.

OMG. I can’t believe I’m reading this...

^Well believe it because I feel this way also and there are a ton of others who don’t jump on every bandwagon that believe this also. #metoo has become a trend, which is sickening in my opinion. No one wins, the victims put down and shame their victors, when they feel the same happened to them. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind :wink:

^Well believe it because I feel this way also and there are a ton of others who donÂ’t jump on every bandwagon that believe this also. #metoo has become a trend, which is sickening in my opinion. No one wins, the victims put down and shame their victors, when they feel the same happened to them. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind :wink:

So victims of sexual abuse reporting their abusers is "an eye for an eye"? Lol. Of all the ludicrous things I've read in this forum this one takes the cake. An eye for an eye would be sexually abusing the abusers themselves, which is obviously not happening. What is happening though, is that these men have their careers destroyed. They get walk to away though with no legal charges and millions in their bank accounts. I'm not going to shed any tears for their careers, they've been in power for decades and they've proved they should not be trusted with any.

So victims of sexual abuse reporting their abusers is "an eye for an eye"? Lol. Of all the ludicrous things I've read in this forum this one takes the cake. An eye for an eye would be sexually abusing the abusers themselves, which is obviously not happening. What is happening though, is that these men have their careers destroyed. They get walk to away though with no legal charges and millions in their bank accounts. I'm not going to shed any tears for their careers, they've been in power for decades and they've proved they should not be trusted with any.

I just love people like you... You always think that your opinion is the only right one. Instead of calling statements you dont agree with ludicrous try to uderstand that the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Well, I'm floored! But I suppose this is what democracy is about so I must deal.

I like the idea behind the edit above! It's a bit of an ambitious concept for Goldberg to take on though. While most of the shots are passable, can't say Im impressed overall.

Moderator Note:

Please can we be respectful toward other people's opinions and take off-topic opinions/conversations to Private Messages. Moving forward let us remain on-topic, only discussing the issue at hand. Any further comment regarding the sexual misconduct accusations toward Mario Testino will be removed. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->