V Magazine #90 Fall Preview 2014 by Mario Testino

I don´t think that Testino sits in front of the computer and photoshops the pics himself. I don´t know if he hires a firm to do it before delivering or the magazine is the one finishing the retouching, either way they should pay more attention to mistakes like Emily´s eye :wacko:

These are some of the worst covers I have seen in some time. There's really no other way around it.

V Magazine is like a superrich fashion lover spending on the most expensive, exclusive and coveted designs in the world, but has absolutely no style, charm or personality of his/ her own.

Well said. I think the same. No one really cares about this magazine, but still it's sort of important (maybe just because of the people who make it) without really being important at all. They don't boost models or photographers, they don't create interesting content or even eye-catching covers... It's just there. If it were closed down no one would care. It's weird.

Poor Emily, her left eye is so poorly photoshopped it's not even fair. It looks like it has a disease. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
the only one working is Emily's the others have the guys looking confused

Emily's cover is beautiful, but her eyes, I mean how can they print that?!

Amanda is the queen in every photo
except this one

^The second pic would have made a wonderful cover, I can't get over Emily's eye. I mean they already have incredibily gorgeous models, what's with the photoshop overload?

Sean and Emily save the whole thing. Testino is definiely the wrong choice. Joan's cover is a fashion tragedy.

On first impression I think I certainly over-exaggerated, I hate to be horrible because I love Amanda in the latest issue of Numéro but it's always and I mean always the same facial expression. Hideous styling also, whoever thought this was a good idea and it's not only Emily with the dodgy eye, it's just unforgivable. The girls I'm afraid do not look good here. I'm all for Sean, Clark and Matt in underwear though :brows:

UHQ Covers! :flower:

wearesodroee.com

p.s. I love Emily & Sean's cover but now that I saw it in UHQ, I noticed that she has a lazy eye in the cover shot & that creeped me out a bit! She looks like an eye contortionist! :ninja:
But from a far it looks really good, and the only one decent!
Talking about Joan, I LOVE her, but her face looks so off.... :ninja:

Mario has got more photoshop disasters than most photographers. His retouching company R&D make a lot of mess ups, but it would help if the photos were good to start with.

Emily's crazy lazy eye; Joan's pinched Photobooth face; and Matthew Terry's duh expression-- he literally has a "WTF" expression. Does the editor not see these glaringly awkward features that we lowly commoners clearly see...?

I'm sure Mario didn't just shoot one shot per couple. Did they choose the worst shot-- or, are these shots the best of the lot? I don't know which option is worse... And I've seen better use of lighting in a snapshot. Mario doesn't care how amateur this looks, the V team doesn't know, or care. Who cares.

If this did not have Mario's name on it, I would have definitely said it was a first-year photography student attempting to copy Herb Ritts' style, poorly.

Also, just noticed a section cut out of Emily's finger where they clearly messed with Sean's back shape, like he needs any perfecting!

Joan and Aurelien Muller have great ED.Their ED look Like Calvin Klein AD In 80'.I love all of it.
More previews of the V Magazine editorial

eonline.com
Facebook/Joy Milan via Flashbang
LuMFruK.jpg

facebook/vmagazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77