Vera Bradley

Way too Grandma for me! But, I live in Ct, so I think I'm the only one with that opinion.

A lot of people here have those. They can look OK depending on the person's outfit. But, personally, not my style.

cloud9 said:
yeah same here
last year all the sorority girls started carrying them.. it was absolutely :sick:

I'm in college too and I see a lot of Vera bookbags on campus. Interestingly enough most of the girls in my sorority carry Coach instead. It has kind of become the big thing where I go to school.

luna said:
They look like something you'd carry around your knitting materials in... :unsure:

True. Or something you put your kids toys in when you go to grandmas house to visit.

Wow, this thread needs to re-start. I like Vera Bradley bags. I use one for school sometimes, and it is pretty amazing. And yes, I know, they look like "grandma bags." Whatever. They are pretty sweet anyway. And I got mine for $2. So that makes it all the cooler.

i'm with you, i think that they can be used ironically. i've been trying to get one off ebay, but all the grandmas keep outbidding me! and, ironically, i want to use for a dance bag as well.

jenimmacto said:
love my veras, got my first large tote when i was 10 for ballet class!!!! now i have a few more, all monogrammed of course-- they're great for travel imo b/c they're soft, light, inexpensive:heart: . generally i strive for pure luxe minimalist style, when i was in college i carried my books in a bottega suede tote, but veras were part of my preppy suburban childhood, and regardless of how pukably happy they are i will regress to them along with lilly pulitzer and jack rogers, FOREVER.:P

although i don't carry mine casually, i imagine they could be done ironically enough to be acceptable . . . like the boat shoes trend . . . i have no idea how, but now you've got me thinking . . .
btw, do you stick with collecting in one pattern, collecting the ones they don't make anymore, or just buying the ones that suit you randomly? i personally go with the multiple clashing patterns at once for travel purposes.

VB bags are indeed very grandmotherly. i think it's the bright gaudy color and the overly happy prints. i just found out they are currently being sold at my local bookstore...:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->