Vogue Australia December 2014 : Gemma Ward by Emma Summerton

I'm happy Gemma landed the cover but I dislike the outcome. Much of Gemma's charm is her doll-like porcelain face, but here she looks so manipulated and smoothed over it's hard to distinguish her from a CGI character! I can only assume that was Vogue Australia's intent given the theme. But I do like the full-length shot of her however.

Did they make this on a Windows 98? What the hell...

Gemma looks great even under all the photoshop tho.

I love the theme and I am impressed with Vogue Australia for going for something like this, it's definitely not their usual thing. Gemma is perfect for this and I'm excited to see more! :woot:

as much as I'm excited to see Gemma and Vogue in the same title, i still feel underwhelmed.

She looks great and cover looks good enough.

I was sure that Gemma get December cover of Vogue Australia but I exepted completly somenthing else. Her out of ordinary beauty doesn't need a lot of post-production. Here Gemma looks like a alien. Her last campaign is so pure I would like her next Vogue cover be like this. But welcome back Gemma.

So I fixed the colors in PS and the images don´t look so bad, the styling with a different background would have look better imo. Someone said that this could look better in person and I agree... still not what I was hoping but not bad as I first thought.

200urdy.jpg

2cmkcgk.jpg

this would have made a better cover imo, I like her expression a lot more. It kinda looks like something from us vogue...

m8o3lk.jpg

dailytelegraph.com.au
xangeoudemonx.tumblr.com

Beyond excited to see Gemma on the cover. She looks beautiful! :woot:

I was sure that Gemma get December cover of Vogue Australia but I exepted completly somenthing else. Her out of ordinary beauty doesn't need a lot of post-production. Here Gemma looks like a alien. Her last campaign is so pure I would like her next Vogue cover be like this. But welcome back Gemma.

I was actually worried when I saw that campaign that we would see the Daria/Freja/Gisele effect with Gemma where people are afraid of doing something creative with her and she would just look the same ("herself") in all her work :Pink: That seems to happen when a model is being treated as a celebrity instead of a model. I think some of Gemma's most memorable work were editorials where she was transformed or just used for fun, different concepts with unique styling and I want lots of that for her comeback, too. Not saying that this is on the same level, but it's obviously unexpected and I like that. It's nice to see she still has "it" and is up for being used for cool conceptual stuff.

^ but 'different concepts with unique styling' is something different from just overphotoshoped images. i'd love to see new interesting works but it's obv not this cover..

Photographed by Emma Summerton and styled by Christine Centenera.

So gorgeous and a great comeback cover for her homeland :smile: but I agree with everyone else when I say they over photoshopped her.

You're not supposed to look better in person than you do on the cover of Vogue!

I think TeeVanity meant the cover would look better in person.

I am glad they went a different route. I suppose a general sentiment on TFS has been that magazines have been quite stagnant and lacking innovation, in terms of cover shoots, editorial content etc., so I do applaud them for thinking out of the box.

First look: Gemma Ward for Vogue Australia December 2014

Styled by Christine Centenera and photographed by Emma Summerton, Gemma Ward graces the 55th anniversary issue of Vogue Australia; it is the fourth oldest Vogue in the world after the US, UK and France.

Vogue collaborated with Animal Logic, who have worked on visual effects for The Lego Movie, Happy Feet and The Great Gatsby to international acclaim.

Inside, David Walsh prophesises on the future, Gemma Ward is in conversation with her sister, writer Sophie Ward, about motherhood and growing up, Lindsey Wixson is photographed in the cornfields outside of Paris and more.

Keep up to date with Vogue.com.au as more about the landmark December 2014 issue is revealed.
source: vogue.com.au

She looks PERFECT. Come on, gosh I can not believe what I read here. Some people are crazy! THIS is what a major high fashion magazine should always looks like. Gemma looks every inch of the supermodel she is, perfect pose, amazing stare and presence, very modelesque and alien–like. Make up and hair and styling work wonderfully. I will FOR SURE buy this issue! The story previews look very much what US Vogue used to do with Steven Meisel, it is dreamyyy and cold and strong and luxurious. GOOD JOB Vogue Australia, very good job! Gemma looks like a queen and a goddess. Such a perfect idea to see her back on the cover of Vogue and her homeland's no less. This girl ticks every box of a major supermodel comeback:

– a high profile runway show
– an exclusive booking no less for Prada for that one show
– a homeland ad campaign
– a solo girl model in that campaign too

ANDDD a Vogue cover looking AMAZING ... DONE AND DONE :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only thing holding me back from really liking the cover is that she looks so surprised? I don't get her expression.

Is she in a washing machine or in an alien ship?
:lol:

i was wondering, too. the more i look at it, the less i mind it. that said, i'm not into sci-fi stuff but i kinda like the idea of a collab with a visual effects company.

Not a great result, I feel underwhelmed. She looks like a startled doe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->