• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Vogue Hommes Japan #5 F/W 10.11 : Jo Calderone by Nick Knight

I'd have no problem with this alter ego if it was developed into something interesting. For people to explore the male and female sides of their identity, that's a worthwhile thing, but this particular effort still seems very feeble to me.

so it appears Lady GaGa is getting her own cover as well.. covered in meat! :P by Terry Richardson

source: jafo.tumblr.com

Attachments

• tumblr_l8b9l7HGxE1qcorbfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_l8b9l7HGxE1qcorbfo1_1280.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 33
edit: well nevermind

seriously i cant stand gaga. even her music become so ****ty rn
can formichetti stop being all over her

and please, this is men fashion magazine...

Last edited by a moderator:
2rf34ht.jpg
binuao.jpg

Take a look at the latest issue of Vogue Hommes Japan with Lady Gaga as “Jo Calderone” on the cover! It also features a brand new photo of the pop star posing covered in meat by Terry Richardson. The issue hits newsstands on September 10th, 2010.
gagadaily.com

Very Distasteful

I used to admire Nicola Formichetti work but since he got involved with this creature I lost completely all my interest and respect for him.

I enjoy VHJ but I refuse to spend money on this issue because of gaga.

I think only Jo Calderone's cover will be on newsstands, GaGa's one might be a supplement or just inside cover.

edit: well nevermind

... and please, this is men fashion magazine...

Ya thank youuuuuuu ! Gosh there's enough women mags already so let's NOT have them on men mags too because if so: why bother having a men mag if a woman if on a cover: we need male top models, clothes and news for guys already! Vogue Hommes International isn't hot anymore (hopefully L'Officiel and Numéro sometimes save it but still I wish men's magazines were more creative and focused on MEN FASHION! GQ is just about society and guys stuff but it's not a total MALE FASHION MAG) soo is Vogue Hommes Japan also about to disappoint us now?

'WITH NIGHT COMES THE DARKNESS'
Ph: Mariano Vivanco
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Models: Christopher, Evan, Jordan, Tom

'POP BOYS'
Ph: Brett Lloyd
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Models: Anthony, Brian, Chris, Eric, Justin, Noma, Russell

nicolaformichetti

is the meatkini cover not going to be sold in shops? serious question!

'THE CREATOR OF DEVOTION'
Ph: Matthew Stone
Styling: Matthew Josephs

nicolaformichetti

Who is the new EIC of this magazine?I read somewhere that Kazuhiro Saito has resigned...

Story: The Modern Standard
Photographer: Miguel Reveriego
Styling: Shaun Watanabe

request models via modelhommes

Does she even remotely possess any original ideas? She rips off Madonna to no end, and this "raw fashion" has been done quite a few times already. Others have pointed out specifically in America's Next Top Model-- but that show just rips off concepts that have already been used in other fashion publications. In 2008, photographer Clayton Cubitt shot an editorial called "The Raw Flesh":

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/raw-meat-fashion-models-who-are-fit-as-a-butchers-dog

In 2009:
http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-a-fashion-show-not-for-the-vegetarians/

Thanks for all those for scanning; looks like a great issue-- but seeing her on the cover trying so hard, is such a turn-off to buy it. I'm sure VOGUE Hommes Japan will sell very well since her fans eat up everything she releases, and she does have many of those. And to the mainstream audience, she is a "visionary"...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abaloney01
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->