Vogue Japan January 2017 : Anna Ewers by Luigi & Iango

I usually don't find her good looking but i have to admit she looks gorgeous here. Kudos to the make up artist + hairdresser. Great cover.

I don´t get what the clothes have to do with hair & makeup but she looks so glam and gorgeous! I´m just going to look at the cover from her neck up :Pink:
Please tell me she has an editorial because I need to see her in better clothes...

Aside from the usual Bardot comparison, she looks like a mix of Natasha Poly and Lara Stone circa 2009. This is the best I've seen her in a while!! I do love how her tender beauty, sans the harsh make up, complements her Miu Miu outfit quite nicely!

Wow.

This is just so beautiful! One of the best Vogue Japan covers of the year, no question.

Anna looks STUNNING in that makeup. Such a gorgeous face.
Anyway, the styling is awful

Why is she wearing MiuMiu FW16.....

Vogue Japan usually shoots new collections so early....it's a January issue...I at least expected some Pre-Spring 17.....seems odd to me...like it's an old shoot reused.

Why is she wearing MiuMiu FW16.....

Vogue Japan usually shoots new collections so early....it's a January issue...I at least expected some Pre-Spring 17.....seems odd to me...like it's an old shoot reused.

Because Japanese magazines month numbering are always one month ahead than other countries. Their January issue actually equals December issue in other places. Resort collection ed is usually featured in their February issue which equals January issue in other countries, which makes sense. That's also why April and October are the thickest ones for Vogue Japan instead of March and September.

Oh, yes! :woot: I am loving this, loving everything about the cover and Anna's giving me life here - just what I needed. She's basically standing there doing absolutely nothing yet oozes so much energy and presence in the shot. Luigi and Iango have been producing some fabulous imagery lately, so I most definitely am looking forward to more.

Resort collection ed is usually featured in their February issue which equals January issue in other countries, which makes sense.

Cruise collections usually filter into November/December issues as thats when they arrive into stores, seeing as most other international covers are featuring Cruise collections on their covers for December, or in some cases November, im pretty surprised that VJ, who is always rather lazy in making 'Old Product' work and jumping straight to the new season collections, has held onto this Miu Miu collection.

I just received my digital version of Vogue Japan and sadly, there is no spread with Anna in it. :(

please review
it is obvious that anna is on the cover only - luigi and iango posted only one shot and a video with one outfit feature in it

please review
it is obvious that anna is on the cover only - luigi and iango posted only one shot and a video with one outfit feature in it

June just said in the post above yours that she got her issue and that there's no Anna to be seen, lol. Cross your fingers for February, sometimes they stretch one shoot over two issues - cover one month, editorial the next. Or maybe she just shot the cover, which they also do quite often.

June just said in the post above yours that she got her issue and that there's no Anna to be seen, lol. Cross your fingers for February, sometimes they stretch one shoot over two issues - cover one month, editorial the next. Or maybe she just shot the cover, which they also do quite often.

there is no question concerning anna ed in my post, i was just asking for the review of other eds since she has the mag

I'm BEYOND disappointed to hear Anna doesn't have an accompanying cover story inside - I hate it when Vogue Japan do this. As much as I'm head over heels for the cover itself, I very much doubt I'll be spending almost £20 based on my feelings for the cover shot alone. Blah!

Here On The Beach Of Rio (4 pages)
Photos: Hendrick Purienne
Stylist: Audrey Taillee
models: Line Brems, Marte Mei Van Haaster, Fernanda Ly, Rianne Van Rompaey, Luisana Gonzales (I think), Alexandra Micu, Julia Merkelbach, Elise Agee

Women Of The Year 2016 (16 pages)
Photos: Go Itami
Women: Yuriko Koike, Mitsuki Takahata, Akane Takada, Sakura Ando, Rie Kaneto, Naomi Watanabe, Sayaka Murata, Yoshino Kimura

Vogue Japan Rising Star Of The Year (1 page)
Model: Rina Fukushi
Photo: Go Itami
Stylist: Chie Atsumi
Hair: Kazuki Fujiwara
Makeup: Ken Wakano

Create A History With Jewels (4 pages)
Photos: Gian Paolo Barbieri
Styling: Sissy Vian
Models: ?

The New Breed (3 pages)
Photos: Gregory Harris
Styling: Elin Svahn
Talent: Jennifer Lawrence

A Life Together (8 pages)
Photos: Yoshiyuki Nagatomo
Models: Takuya Ebihara & ?

A Holiday Wonderland (8 pages)
Photos: Toshio Onda
Model: ?

We Love You (4 pages)
Photos: John Akehurst
Editor: Junko Hirose
Model: ?

Beauty That's Eternal (5 pages)
Photos: David Slijper
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Makeup: Lisa Houghton
Styling: Patrick Mackie

Flowers Of Romance (6 pages)
Photos: Emma Summerton
Models: Angelica Erthal, Katie Moore, Leila Goldkuhl
Styling: Giovanna Bataglia Engelbert

A Patent Idea (6 pages)
Photos: Christian Macdonald
Models: Pooja Mor, Isabella Emmack
Styling: Sarajane Hoare

My Weekend Cruise (8 pages)
Photos: Mariano Vivanco
Model: Romee Strijd
Styling: Giovanna Bataglia Engelbert

The Young Revolution (8 pages)
Photos: Camilla Akrans
Model: Katie Moore
Styling: Sissy Vian

Spring On Her Cheeks (4 pages)
Photos: Ben Toms
Model: Olivia Jansing
Makeup: Yasuo Yoshikawa

Also there is an interview with Kate Moss with 2 pictures from Masamitsu Tomita.

Oh too bad Anna doesn't have an edit! I don't understand why they do that honestly...

Thanks for the review June! I'm curious to see "Here on the beach of Rio"... There was a story in Telegraph magazine with the same cast and same stylist... is it the same story in Vogue Japan?!

Here On The Beach Of Rio (4 pages)
Photos: Hendrick Purienne
Stylist: Audrey Taillee
models: Line Brems, Marte Mei Van Haaster, Fernanda Ly, Rianne Van Rompaey, Luisana Gonzales (I think), Alexandra Micu, Julia Merkelbach, Elise Agee

It's the same. Just that the Tamy Glauser picture isn't in it. Therefore you have a tiny picture of Elise Agee.

I'm also really disappointed that there is no edit of Anna. Her hair&makeup looks so sublime on the cover and I would have loved to see it with a better styling.

Vogue Japan January 2017:“The Young Revolution” Katie Moore by Camilla Akrans

weibo.com/C-Oli

Vogue Japan January 2017:"A Patent Idea" Pooja Mor and Isabella Emmack by Christian Macdonald

weibo.com/C-Oli

Vogue Japan January 2017:“Flowers Of Romance” Angelica Erthal,Leila Goldkuhl,Katie Moore by Emma Summerton

weibo.com/C-Oli

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->