Vogue Japan June 2011 : Naomi Campbell by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Thanks for all the snaps s'ngac, hard to believe you've been covering Vogue Nippon for us for 6 years now.. I remembered this because Josh Olins' story is a bit reminiscent of early Anja Rubik's stories (esp. the one styled by Joanne Blades in 2006).. which you also scanned for us. If it wasn't for Ben Hassett and the main story with Crystal Renn, which are both really awful, I would've thought this magazine was getting back on track.. some great productions here. :heart:

Bigger cover

colette

Last edited by a moderator:
Naomi does look regal on this cover and I'm not even a fan of hers! Great posing!

"A FRESH ENERGY"
PHOTOGRAPHED BY BEN WELLER
STYLED BY GRACE KOO
HAIR BY CHI WONG
MAKEUP BY HIROMI UEDA

SCANNED BY ME

"COLOR COUNTS"
PHOTOGRAPHED BY BEN HASSETT
STYLED BY PATTI WILSON
HAIR BY EUGENE SOULEIMAN
MAKEUP BY FRANCELLE

SCANNED BY ME

I got this issue today and I have to say this is a very good one! The eds are nice and the features are interesting to read as well.
There's a 12-page long special spread called "Letters to Japan" which contains encouraging and supportive letters (most of them hand-writing) by designers, editors, stylists, hair & make-up artists and models. I think it's the best part of this issue, some of the letters are really touching.

I love most of the editorials, but Naomi's face looks really odd in the cover.-

i loved reading Letters to Japan. And once again I am reminded of the tragedy that occurred, and the aftermaths they are enduring.

When Punk Meets Funk
Anja Rubik by Josh Olins

nextmodelsblog

In This Tender Light
Karen Elson by Daniele Duella and Iango Henzi

models

love both karen & anja's spreads.
but doesn't karen's spread look incredibly similar to the 'modern muse' issue of muse?

daniele + iango are giving me photographic one notes, as oppose to visual signatures.
that aside, the images are stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->