Vogue Nippon September 2010 : Natasha Poly by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

^ Wait, I've spend like 30 minutes to merge and make this version of the cover, and you say there it bugs you. I don't get it.
You can just wait to the scanned HQ of the cover. I know scanned version is real and better but that's a digital HQ version. I don't think I did a bad thing doing this, isn't it better than nothing?

I think the HQ was pretty OK considering it's a digital copy, and womenmanagement used the same HQ in their site anyway. :smile:

Right now I wish to see the ed reviews. I hope this is a good issue.

I don't really like this cover as Natasha has been photoshopped beyond recognition, also the make-up wasn't that great. Also feel that her head is at a really painful angle. I've my head was doing that I think I would have pinched a few nerves:doh:

Some positives are the styling of the clothes is great, the rest of Natasha's pose is very striking and the lay out of the text is quite good. Bit ironic that when the letters in the word vogue doesn't cover up the face, photoshop has done the damage.

Not a fan of the font, hair or outfit but she is a very pretty woman so I give her kudos for trying. Maybe it was just the stylist's fault or the person who picked the font but Im disappointed.

Issue is dedicated to America.

Here's the preview of one editorial from this issue.

de95773381de.jpg

vogue.co.jp

it's like when Vogue Russia put Magdalena on their february cover with the big: "Made in the USA" subtitle.:lol:

Personally, I "got" Magdalena's Vogue Russia cover because even though the model was not American nor were her features ones that are associated with girls from the U.S. of A., everything else about the cover was and therefore the nationality of the cover model was more or less irrelevant or maybe even ironic and mildly humorous. I know that being literal is not considered cool and all, but if you are going to have the words American Beauty screaming on the cover then you should have a more obvious reference than maybe / kinda-sorta the model's hairstyle. This looks like the photoshoot happened over here and the cover text was developed way over there by some folks looking at market research data on what words and phrases get attention. Now who knows when the eds come out we may see more of a connection, between the blazing headline and the actual contents of the issue, but for now it just looks incongruous.

Review:

Dress For Success
Photographer : Andreas Sjödin
Fashion Editor Sabino Pantone
Model : Constance Jablonski

A Natural Love Affair (Beauty)
Photographer : Lachlan Bailey
Fashion Editor : Sissy Vian
Model : Heidi Mount

On The Rocks
Photographer : Karl Lagerfeld
Fashion Editor : George Cortina
Model : Natasha Poly

Shape Of Things
Photographer : Daniel Jackson
Fashion Editor : Marie Chaix
Model : Looks like Adriana Lima but I'm really not sure... :unsure:

Thrilling Desire
Photographer : Mark Segal
Fashion Editor : Ludivine Poiblanc
Model : ?

^Anna Maria Jagodzinska (In wigs) for the Mark Segal story and Rianne Ten Haken for the Daniel Jackson story ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhh so karl lagerfeld did shoot natasha for this issue! I was semi-right. he just didn't get to shoot the cover...anyone know why that happens?

I'd like to quote myself regarding the USA references :P

It's a stunning cover....Natasha looks amazing and I love how all the colors work together. Very Autumny...I even appreciate the Charlie's Angels hairdo. And before anybody starts complaining about a Russian girl being on an American Beauty themed cover, I have something to say: suck it up and shut up :wink:

The contents sound great!

Anna Maria Jagodzinska in wigs? i gotta see that ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->