Wearing flats?

I love flats for work, weekend and going out.

I started with a basic black Sigerson pair a few years ago and my collection has grown- my new favorite is a pair of green suede Lulu Guiness beauties!

I love flats, Frenchsole.com is great for getting a few basic pairs of ballet flats in every colour! I'm 6'0" already though so heels don't work for me!

For years, i only wore shoes with a 3.5" heel or higher...I'm 5'6" and don't need the height, just loved how they make my legs look. But the strain on my back got to be too much, and I'm under orders to only wear flats now...luckily there are some cute ones out there, but I'm having a hard time finding them. Someone recently described my style as "Hitchock/film-noir heroine meet the aftermath of a fistfight between Siouxsie Sioux and Debbie Harry;" any suggestions?

a couple of weeks ago I bought a pair of flats from Salvatore Ferragamo ...they are so comfortable and cute !

im 5"3 & i love flats! i dont care if they do nothing for my height, most of them are SUPER comfy! LOVE THEM!

yeah I love them to death, I'm not wearing much heels, cos I think they are getting uncomfortable after a while. I couldn't do a 6 hours shopping tour with them. I prefer my flats and sneakers. I have some heels for dates or evening events.

Flats are much easier to wear around town, but heels can be comfortable as well, and they can really look fierce when it comes to that flats just don't look it.

Like someone else said here it's so much harder to really pull of a pair of flats and IMO you need a je ne sais [SIZE=-1]quoi for it to really look stunning. [/SIZE]

^ I think it really depends on what kind of flats people are wearing.
I think that everyone can pull of the simple flats with no special design or shape, just simple round toe flats with no pattern.

I'm short so I love heels but my feet love flats. For the past 3 years, I've been trying not to hurt and damage my feet and worsen my bunions further from constant heel wearing so I invested in beautiful flat sandals. But some outfits just need higher heeled footwear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also 5'3 and I wear flats ALL the time. My boyfriend is 6''3...but thats okay! There are so many cute different flats out there and they really do dress up, or dress down an outfit without having to endure the pain of heels. Yes heels are amazing, but those days when you just don't feel like having your feet hurt by the end of the day you can simply throw on a cute pair of flats and have comfort all day long!

bumping this thread for a question: anyone knows who makes nice flats with good arch support? I mean fashionable flats that don´t look orthopedic ^_^
I walk a lot and can´t stand wearing regular flats after a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
I often wear flats, I even should say all the time when it's not a special occasion.

I always wear flats, I don't even own any heels at this point. I don't think I ever will. To anyone looking for great quality and comfort with style, check out Franco Sarto.

I used to wear high heels all the time and then I suddenly got tired of them. I only wear them for special ocassions now.

I love flats. In fact, I admit I went to a wedding once in flats, these ones by Zara:

4iIyJ2P.jpg

zara pinterest

They look even prettier in person.

^I went to a 15 yo birthday party in similar flats but in black :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"