lust & other stories - susan minot
drinking coffee elsewhere - zz packer
naked - david sedaris
the girls guide to hunting and fishing - melissa bank
white teeth - zadie smith
the virgin suicides - jeffrey eugenides
the wind up bird chronicle - haruki murakami
special topics in calamity physics - marisha pessl

and i'm currently reading the emporer's children by claire messud (which is really good)

Anything by Camus and Nabokov is life-changing.

Agreed about Camus, & I just picked up Lolita earlier today, I've been wanting to read it for AGES.... I'm already hooked and have only read about 20 pages so far :lol:

^ :woot: After you finish Lolita you should try Pnin. My favourite Nabokov. :wub:

Anything from Terry Pratchett (I just adore him)

Sun Tzu - The Art Of War (Cause you have to be ready)

"The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime"

That's a adorable book, also I would recommend The time traveler's wife .. its the sweetest love story ever in my opinion !

I've read half way through of Catche in the rye then gave up, my boyfriend is a huge fan of that book, I think i'll get it another try after xmas or so .. :P

Carlos Ruiz Zafón - The shadow of the wind
Pascal Mercier - Night train to Lisbon
Paulo Coelho - The alchemist
Jonathan Safran Foer - Extremely loud & incredibly close

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan Safran Foer - Extremely loud & incredibly close

I read that one and made the mistake of starting to read it when I got home from the library. I ended up having to know how it finished and stayed up late reading the whole thing at once. I have to admit I ended up taking it out because I heard Zachary Quinto mention it in an interview and it also stood out because of the artwork on the outside of the book.

I have a list of books I want to read including The Catcher In The Rye which I haven't actually already read. I can't find it in the library either. I can't think of any others right now.

Ooo, good bump :shifty:

I have to read the classics:

Catcher in the Rye.
To Kill a Mockingbird.
Gone With the Wind.
And the last Harry Potter :blush::lol:

I second "Gone With the Wind"

Also, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky is amazing.

It's a total trash novel - as in chick lit. But I'm a sucker for them and I really loved reading The Second Assistant. I've yet to buy the sequel but if you like those kind of books, it's good! I thoroughly enjoyed reading the whole Twilight series as well. They are dreamy. And The Great Gatsby is a great book as well. Man, there are so many more and I've got great lits but I can't list them all. :heart:

the healer--a short story by aimee bender
many waters/a wrinkle in time/etc by madelein l'engle
everything is illuminated by johnathan safran foer

of course i adore KURT VONNEGUT
my favorite is god bless you, dr kevorkian and.... :blush: i shouldn't get started.

Hmmm, off the top of my head:

Aesop's Fables
The Happy Prince
Animal Farm
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Bell Jar

For me the absolutely BEST, most wonderful and true book ever written:

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

I've never ever enjoyed a book as much before in my life! It made me cry, laugh, think, admit, doubt and love life at the same time. A masterpiece in any way!

I love "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. I really respect the main character's patience through his revenge. :zorro::ninja::shifty:

Is it weird to be too possessive to even divulge my favorite books? Some of them are quite obscure and I wish to keep them that way :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neoboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->