What is the Most Inspiring Book You Have Read?

I wanna make a bad joke and say 'Harry Potter', but I'll save that for some other time.

P.S. I Love You --- Cecilia Ahern's debut novel is beautifully written and absolutely amazing! I can actually feel Holly's pain and excitement in the book. The feelings of love and death are described painfully true in this book.

the alchemist---paolo cohelo
sorry if i spelled name wrong

Tuesdays With Morrie: I first read this when I was a sophomore in high school, an amazing story

Stolen Lives: A true story about a women who spends twenty years locked in a Moroccan jail w/her family

Jemima J by Jane Green. For people overweight & skinny.. shows you both perspectives. I inspired me to start eating healthy + work out more.

Has anyone read The Last Lecture? How was it?

I didn't--that guy annoyed me :ninja:

It's impossible to pick just one ... some recent favorites:

Practicing the Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
The Instruction, Ainslie MacLeod
It's All Too Much, Peter Walsh
Many Lives, Many Masters, Brian Weiss
The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent, Esther and Jerry Hicks
Expecting Adam, Martha Beck
Archangels & Ascended Masters, Doreen Virtue

Wow. :shock: I'm surprised by how much people actually read. I ought to catch up. :ermm:

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.

The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Hum ... right now Im reading Andrei Tarkovski's "Sculpting time" ... its a like an art manifesto .. he puts it so clear there ... using examples of paintings and poetry ... very very inspiring ..

Elsewhere
White Oleander
Secrets of the Flesh: Biography on Colette

i forgot:

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

:heart: one of my favourites with the one i mention before :blush:

probably everything from hermann hesse, especially the glass bead game..but i also really love extremely loud and incredibly close by jonathan safran foer.

Anderson Cooper - Dispatches from the Edge.

Thanks Mr. Cooper, for making me feel a fraction of those pure emotions that you have felt.

The Vampire Lestat. The way Anne Rice uses description is just fantastic, and she really paints a picture of the scene.

What really did it for me was The Unbearable Lightness of the Being, it really made me understand love and the human nature better and it really resonated in me if you know what I mean. Many of the situtations described on the book, I identified with, it was just the perfect book at the right time and right place. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->