What to wear when you're a student

casual with a hint of sophistication and a dash of rebellism.

mine shall be stress/still trying to look good/omg i have a limited budget!:ninja: :lol:

im probs going to be here for help when im a fresher doing fashion marketing and still trying to look like me! (i hope i dont get lost)

pale pink striped shirt
diagonal striped olive tie
military jacket
apc hipster jeans
alife arygle slip ons

top: artistic shirts / AA colored rib shirts
bottom: dark wash/ medium wash denim
shoes: converse / puma in an array of colours.

ooo i went to the new old navy where i live and got a khaki blazer, it looks great with dark jeans^^

Hah...mine would be boring secondary school uniforms...how I envy you all :smile:

top: uniform shirt/sweater
bottom: uniform kilt/pants
shoes: My Roxie shoes!!! :heart: finally, some freedom :lol:

dsq said:
some school uniforms can look pretty sexy :wink:

The uniforms in the Harry Potter movies are pretty cute, especially the scarves. Hehe, I liked them so much I knitted one for myself.

As for my student style....probably just the usual old school Vans sneakers, corduroy pants, nice graphic shirt, and a grey hoodie. Nothing too extraordinary.

Taylour72 said:
hello, i was wondering for those of you who still go to school (high/college) what look are you going for this year (or this fall) and discribe what your favorite outfit will look like:lol: . post pics of your self or your out fit if you want.
Btw im in 9th grade this year, man i hope i don't get trash canned :doh:

my fall look(so far it'll probably change)

whats on top-
White button up shirt with a slightly shiney (sp?) pin stripe (carbon)
Black blazer(tripp NYC)

whats on bottom-
skinny dark wash jeans (aeropostale)
black leather belt (aeropostale)

shoes-
casual shoe- Black DC's
formal shoe- black pointed toe shoe

lol. I don't think you will. At least no one I know got canned my first year of highschool. I'm starting school tommorow and I'm going for the nicely cut denim dark-washed shorts, a vintage 70's button up, and cute flip-flops look. Very simple seeing as I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be about dressing up for the first day of school. :P

lol. I don't think you will. At least no one I know got canned my first year of highschool. I'm starting school tommorow and I'm going for the nicely cut denim dark-washed shorts, a vintage 70's button up, and cute flip-flops look. Very simple seeing as I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be about dressing up for the first day of school. :P

i dont dress up for the first day, i pretty much look like im going to a formal event all year, just no tie or really nice shoes and pants, my friends say it's hard for me to dress up because i always am :P

I am wearing dark denim jeans, a pretty, thin violet sweater with tiny tucks around the shoulders so they are slightly puffed and black ballet flats. Pretty much what I wear all the time. I should care, but I don't, one more year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
so, i guess were talking about the first day of school? :blink:

for me:
vintage navy waistcoat over a white tank
short cut off jean shorts
metallic gold ballet flats
some sort of stringy necklace

my forecast for half the girls at my school:
long "boho" skirt
spaghetti strap tank top
woven belt
beaded, layered necklace(s)
beaded sandals

for the most part my look for uni isn't too different than the way I normally dress...though admittedly given the climate I have to give up wearing skirts so often and adjust in order to stay protected from cold and rain! so...I wear more jeans in the winter. my typical student going-to-class look is most likely going to be v-neck sweaters, jeans or vintage tartan skirts, flats, and my new black a-line peacoat.

Personal Style and college

I hope this hasn't been posted before, I've looked myself to see if there was anything (even used the little "search" button) but let me know if there is a similar thread.

Anyway, I'm in an all women's college. It's funny how the younger classes (in particular the first-years) dress in short mini-skirts and stiletto heels as if trying to impress people on campus :P. I'm all about fashion, but I'm not doing much except...going to class, studying, and hanging out with friends on the weekend. There are events on campus and off campus that I'll get dressed up for-- parties, shopping, etc. I don't like dressing too casual (I hate shorts, tennis shoes, and flip-flops...) and prefer cardigans, polos, jeans and trousers, boots or strappy heels (which obviously aren't made for walking around on a campus), and scarves. And I prefer a "complete" wardrobe and believe in buying multiples. My question is what do you think essentials are for style in college? What kind of shoes are comfortable for walking around in?

Thanks!

I don't think there should be a set rule for personal style in college...BUT I find especially annoying people who look down on or look at with an ostracizing eye towards people who like to be dressed up, even if just going to class or hanging out. I find it incredibly stupid that my school's facebook has a group whose title is somewhere along the lines of "People who get dressed up for class are idiots" So just because I don't look like some clone in ripped Hollister sweatpants, ugly New Balances and Michigan/Frat/Sorority sweatshirt I'm an idiot? It's because of this kind of mentality that college students are supposed to look relaxed or casual, or else you're not 'fitting in' that bothered me for the longest time. I even remember posting a thread on here early this year about whether it was OK to wear a suit in public, even if I'm at college because the herd mentality was making me question whether I would be standing out too much. In the end I just said f**k it, if dressing a bit sharper than Sloppy Joe at college makes me comfortable and confident, and allows me to stand a bit taller then I'll do what I want and forget what other people think of me! Call me an elitist if you want, but I'll take Dior Homme over Steve and Barry's, any day!

whoa, nelly!

I've got nothing against dressing up or maintaining personal style in college. I still wear makeup to my classes :smile:. If people want to walk around in stiletto heels all over campus that's fine with them (I just think its a little crazy, but that IS my opinion). However, I like being comfortable and sometimes don't have time to dress up like I normally do (last year I hated jeans) because I'm one of the busiest people on the face of this earth. So If I'm going to run around campus, I don't all the time want to be in boots and heels...however I'm not sure how to dress more casually.

Oh and...

I should have also posted that nobody on our campus wears college shirts...I go to a liberal arts college and see people wearing Coach or even Wal-Mart stuff. But I am asking a personal question...a question that would help me pull together my personal style...not yours.

My college Fall look

For fall, I stick with my usuals that I always love...a long wool trenchcoat, boots, sweaters and cardigans. I bought a military jacket that I can change the buttons on when I want to. I'm classic/preppy/sometimes trendy and love scarves, I haven't bought any wool scarves yet and it'll be a new addition. I'm also in need of gloves because my fingers get cold really easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->