Your Runway Soundtrack

the black keys stack shot billy
black rebel motorcycle club red eyes and tears
jefferson airplane white rabbit
kings of leon holy roller novacaine

OMG i jsut heard the new remix to the Dare song by the Gorillaz and its really hot. perfect for a runway

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax

Ever since I saw Zoolander, I always start to laugh when I hear that song.

The Passenger - Iggy Pop
It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock N' Roll) - AC/DC
Tie Your Mother Down (Trent Reznor Remix) - Queen
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Who Wants To Live Forever - Breaking Benjamin (Queen cover)
Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs
Hysteria - Muse

^ oh i forgot 'hysteria' and 'time is running out' by muse. very sexy songs!

Great idea!

I'd choose a lot of older songs. I hate designers that just plug whatever's trendy or their musician friend wrote.

this is what I got from my itunes list. It's too daunting to make a coherent one-show soundtrack so these are all presumably for different shows:

Psycho Killer -- Talking Heads
Only Shallow -- My Bloody Valentine
Wandering Star -- Portishead
I Want Her She Wants Me -- The Zombies
Steppin' Out -- Joe Jackson
Velouria -- The Pixies
I Saw Her Standing There -- Beatles (for bright, retro clothes)
Atomic -- Blondie
I'm Deranged -- David Bowie
Lost Control -- Joy Division (for more experimental clothes)
Why Can't I Touch It? -- The Buzzcocks
Marquee Moon -- Television (paying homage to my username ^_^)
Borderline -- Madonna (probably my favorite Madonna song :heart:)
Stars -- Dubstar
White Light, White Heat -- The Velvet Underground
Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter -- Herman's Hermits (again for the retro look)
Baby Britain -- Elliott Smith

Softer music:
Pale Blue Eyes -- The Velvet Underground (soft, slightly tropical clothes)
Pink Moon -- Nick Drake (too bad I'll always associate it with that Volkswagen ad)
Fade Into You -- Mazzy Star

this category's harder. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect Runway MUSIC

Music is the vortex of express just like fashion. It tell-tales beliefs, thoughts, fantasies, purpose, and can be put in an awesome motion. So what are the best tunes you have ever heard in a couture fashion show. I love the vibe in Kenneth Coles spring 2006 show. It is all throwback tunes from the 60s and 70s, as the clothing represents hints of the era as well. The women are dressed in parachute like shorts are the men wear fitted Kenickie style pants with a low inseam and flooded hems around the ankle. The music put the show in swaggered mood putting a pimp in every man's step and a soulful glide in every woman's sway. I also like Good Luck by Basement Jaxx in the VS 2005 show this past Dec. It was hip and upbeat just like the new sexy vs models. I think that the music made the show sexy and happy at the same time which is why the models wore smiles as well as their candy and santa themed outfits. Hot Stuff! So what is your fav runway music? Do you think that it is strategic to the show by preference of the designers or are these cool tunes not of their own tastes but of a production person working behind the scenes?

I love when designers pick music that you haven't heard before, that you can't figure out. I am still, to this day, trying to figure out the music Rochas used for Fall 2004, Spring 2005...it's good stuff. I think the more obscure, the better, like Prada's foray into island Dub music last summer that her DJ found in Germany of all places. Music is very important to some and not so important to others. To me, it's Everything.

^ there are alot of threads on runway music in the Art of Noise :flower:

Runway Melodies

Where's the music??? I am sure that it has some influence on fashion production just as almost every runway show is accompanied by a selection of tunes. Lets talk about your favorite runway tunes or what tunes you think would inspire a great show..and for which designer? For Fall 2006 do you think that Oscar de la Renta would display his sophisticated pieces to a lovely spanish guitar like Santana :innocent: or something clashing like Cafe Tacuba :mohawk: ..that would be awesome...you pick your own..have fun with it.

Hand In Glove- The Smiths
Atmosphere- Joy Division
Specialtist- Interpol
Of Lillies and Remains-Bauhaus

Head Automatica - Solid Gold Telephone
Caribou - Pelican Narrows (I'd probably remix it)
Caribou - Lord Leopard
Goldfrapp - Black Cherry (M83 remix)

Music for the runway

List a track that would work well on the runway, and for which designer. (I hope no one posted something like this yet).

Honestly, I'd love to hear some Michael buble on the runway.. but I don't know for which designer. :woot::woot:

1. Dare- Gorillaz
2. Hysteria- Muse
3. The Hand that Feeds- NIN
4. Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
5. Long Way to Go- Cassie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->