Yves Saint Laurent Menswear F/W 2006.07 Paris

A good collection from Stefano Pilati. I like the colours, patterns and overall relaxed chic mood in this collection. Surely it's mainstream, but still I like Pilati's over TF ysl collections.

I just checked out this whole collection on men.style.com

And I was like "nice".....next....."yes"...next "wow"....next...." i love it".

Each piece was just better and better than the first. I definitely think this is my favorite line for this season yet.

Bidwell said:
Très classique, non? Some of the pattern mix and colorations are mildly interesting, but as a whole nothing I would part with my money for.
Not for the young nor young at heart.

I'd say it's for people who are already past their glaring fashion faux-pas. In other words it's great but not if you're 20.

i think the way he uses colour is wonderful. particularly the ochres and oranges..that warm colour scheme. he seemed to use it for his women's pre-fall too, non?

Firstview has got the collection this time!! Unfortunately not free for viewing!! They keep switching from the new and old interface!! What's up with that?

Got loads of collection from Paris...

:heart:

from minorityrev.com

Attachments

• 1149139623.jpg
    1149139623.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 12
I'm falling more in love with YSL. Every new thing I see is just incredible. I went back to look at Stefano's premier men's line and it was beautiful

So, I was flipping back through some of this season's collections and when I got about 1/4 of the way through YSL, I realized that I was having the same reaction to almost every shot.

Outerwear :D Shirt B) pants :shock::doh: Overall look:unsure:

Now that this has been in stores for quite some time and some of you guys have probably tried on/bought some pieces, are there other, slimmer cut options or do the pants look better IRL? I know everyone isn't going to want super slim pants- especially the older YSL client- but I feel like these are too wide to look "cool", but not wide enough to look make a distinctive statement. Maybe this look works for a La Regle du jeu-esque party, but I can't imagine poneying up the cash for it now. Maybe when I'm in my early 40s, but even then, I'm not entirely sold.

The upcoming S/S collection looks to have moved away from this full leg, so maybe it wasn't received as well as he expected. Whatever your reaction to that season's slightly-too-short look, it's something that would be easy to avoid when your pants were altered.

Here are a couple of shots of pants that I didn't like. (style.com)
00140m.jpg

00120m.jpg

To the best of my knowledge the cropped pant wasn't carried over. All the pants I have from YSL are fuller legged, and since they come unhemmed maybe it's your option to run around looking insane?

*cough* I really liked the wide leg pants...especially in the first picture's color. I actually wanted to try and order them this week with the sale going on.

They are a bit awkward looking on the runway, but I'm positive they'd look fine in the real world. My age (16) and body are probably better suited for Dior Homme's skinny jeans and tees, but wide leg trousers really anchor the body much better than slim-cut pants can.

(And I despise next season's short pants. Now those are something that you have to be of a certain age to wear.)

^ I like that color too. It's that cuff that really distracts me. That photo was the had one of the clearest views of the pants, so I used it. Since everyone would just get them hemmed as the please, I guess it wouldn't be an issue in real life. Plus, you wouldn't just be staring at a freeze frame. Fabric weight and movement can add a lot that the pictures will never reveal.

Strangely, I don't mind jeans with a similar (or even higher) cuff. Maybe it's just reminding me the nightmarishly tent-like pants on a suit my dad got for me in high school that is keeping me from appreciating them. Or, maybe I'm so accustomed to looking at outfits that contrast voluminous tops/skinny legs or vice versa, that I can't deal with the solid, more rectangular shadow. Hmmm.

the pants were one of the things that I really liked about this collection.

The wider legs, thicker cuffs, the wools etc. Its just what I love.

I love how mature & chic these looks are :wink:

thanks Party Vixen, what is the exact name for that source web site?...karma for these lovly detailed pics..I love how clear the fabrics are in them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->