Zac Posen contemporary line coming soon

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
wwd.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

POSEN'S CONTEMPORARY VISION: Zac Posen has been dropping hints about launching a contemporary sportswear line for a while. He first talked about it in January 2005, as reported in WWD. Although there's no line yet, Posen hasn't given up the idea. The designer, who appeared Tuesday at a trunk show for his fall 2007 collection at Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills, said he was hesitant to discuss the contemporary plan, but offered, "We're starting to build it up now for next fall. With [a contemporary line], you can really design for a wider demographic. You can build your top line up, and I feel that I can be even more creative. It's faster turnover. It's like MTV. No, it's like YouTube." Posen president Barry Miguel said of the contemporary line: "It won't be simply a level down from the collection. It will have its own look and identity. L.A. is becoming a bigger market for us, but it's still been slower to grow here, I think because it's so casual and our clothes are more dressy. But we want to reach that contemporary customer, too."

**looks like he's too busy to do anything like halston...
so forget my idea about that..^_^

softgrey said:
wwd.com

**looks like he's too busy to do anything like halston...
so forget my idea about that..^_^

Unlikely yes,............. but stranger things has happened before.........

Zac Posen really hasn't developed the image of his mainline well enough to go out and start another one.

That would be great...but I still think he needs to have more focus on the main line and more distribution.

ilaughead said:
Zac Posen really hasn't developed the image of his mainline well enough to go out and start another one.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this!

Maybe they're doing this ibecuase his main line isnt making enough money?

ilaughead said:
Exactly. When I think Zac Posen I think eyebrows...and PDiddy.

ilaughead said:

agreed. far too derivative and not enough of his own vision

sportswear isn't tough to do though..

Guessgirl96 said:
I thought the exact same thing when I saw this!

Maybe they're doing this ibecuase his main line isnt making enough money?

that sounds quite right... he is soooooo expensive for a "young designer".. seems like he charges for a 100 years of savoir-faire he doesnt have.

maybe something a little more modest will make people more interested

fyi- designer collections usually don't make as much money as contemporary collections and licensing....
that is why designers are so keen to do it...

ie- dkny makes way more money and is much more widely distributed than donna karan...

i am sure this was part of the business plan set forth when Diddy invested in the company...
first was handbags and accessories...now this...next will be beauty products/fragrance...

they are looking to build a brand and make LOTS of $$$...
remember that diddy says that ralph lauren is his idol...
:innocent:...

ilaughead said:

Exact same thought, but we will see. It could turn out well. ^_^
(I can't stand him though to be honest because he seems so arrogant!)

Salvatore said:
(I can't stand him though to be honest because he seems so arrogant!)

I know! He thinks he has so much talent, but really...:ninja:

(...if you know what I mean:wink:)

ilaughead said:
I know! He thinks he has so much talent, but really...:ninja:

(...if you know what I mean:wink:)

How does one measure Talent........ to determine who has it and who doesnt?

what does mean contemporary???????
it means what he's doing now is not contemporary???? what he's doing is not in the "air du temps"? he wants to break the fashion rules???
really bored of all those terms that are used inappropriately..... as inappropriate as my english is....

but if he's doing something else to develop his bank account. i don't see the problem... as people say PDD is behind him.... so.... not that big surprise....
if he creates something that worth the price and quality.... it's ok....

just hope he won't do a show!!! a lookbook or showroom presentation are enough for those kind of things.
NY is cracked of things that doesn't worth people moving to the Tents, imo...

clearly he's been talking about this forever, so this isn't new news...:rolleyes::lol:
from fashionweekdaily...

Zac Posen is taking on the tough economy by expanding into categories beyond ready-to-wear and accessories. As he works on the development of his fragrance with Fabien Baron, Posen is also building his team to launch several lower-priced lines, The Daily has learned. First up? A diffusion line. Although Posen wouldn't comment on specifics, he did allude to such developments. "We've been in the process of building our lower priced collections," he responded. "So we've been busy assembling our team for that starting with our fragrance."

NO SECONDS: For several years, Zac Posen has talked about his wish to launch a secondary line, which would bring his design aesthetic to the contemporary market. But much to the contrary of recent press reports, any plans the company had to move forward with it are currently on hold. “In light of the current economic conditions, any plans for a secondary line are on hold,” a company spokeswoman told WWD on Monday. “Our focus is the collection and servicing our current retailers.”

wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->