Zac Posen to Design for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
according to wwd, the collection will be out in april. it will be part of go international.

if its anything like his collection for Target Australia (a completely different company that leases the name from target USA), it will be great IMO!:woot:

It will be available at most Target stores, WWD reports, and online at TARGET.COM from April 25 until May 30.

this is almost exactly two years after his target australia collection.

you can see the pics here
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/zac-posen-target-australia-65978.html

he did a runway presentation for target 2 years ago which made the clothes look great, hopefully he does one again!

more details and excerpt from wwd.

Posen’s Go International collection will be available at most Target stores nationwide and online at Target.com from April 25 through May 30.

Go International, which focuses on young or emerging designers, has, since 2007, featured Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon and Tracy Feith. Next month, Target will introduce Rodarte, the collection designed by sisters Kate and Laura Mulleavy.

Target did not disclose prices for Posen’s collection, but previous Go collections have been in the $14.99 to $149.99 range. Posen’s own collection is priced from $900 to $12,000, with custom pieces fetching upward of $20,000.

Posen, 29, is no stranger to adapting his luxurious designs to lower price points. In the spring, he is launching Z Spoke, a less expensive line exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue. Z Spoke will retail from $78 for a cotton T-shirt to $675 for a knit dress.

Go is not to be confused with Target’s Designer Collaborations, a separate program that features established designers who draw inspiration from a collaborative partner, muse or creative element. Alexander McQueen was the inaugural Designer Collaboration in March. Anna Sui bowed in September.

Posen, who has a flair for dramatic designs and drama in general, made a cameo appearance on “The Beautiful Life,” which began airing in July on the CW network. He attended Central St. Martin’s College of Art and Design in London, which has turned out talents such as McQueen and Stella McCartney.

Posen has had some experience designing for Target, albeit Target Australia. In fall 2008, he created a collection of red-carpet gowns, short dresses and tailored pants for Target Down Under. Rights to the Target logo and name were granted to Myer Emporium Ltd., now Coles Group, by Dayton Hudson Corp., now known as Target Corp. Aside from this, the two companies are unrelated.

i hate how they always leave out libertine in their descriptions. not to mention luella bartley.

anyway,i'm not much of a fan of posen so i hardly think it would be worth my attention,this one.

zac posen is hit and miss with me...
but i am curious to see what he'll do..

i'm sure it will have a more juniors focus as the other GO International collections do...
which probably means it will be quite different from the Australian Target collection..

we shall see.....

the preview was today
here is a report and image from racked.com

It's amaaaazing! Zac rehashed his "best-of" prints into a sumptuous collection. It's also going to be the first time Target will be selling a GOWN. Very print-heavy with one gown, tuxedo, lots of printed separates, bathing suits, a belt or two, and a cool Michael Jackson red leather jacket! The distribution for the Zac collection will also be the largest of any such collaboration. McQueen had the largest distribution to date thus far but Zac's will be even greater. The collection was shown with both Target shoes (non-Zac) as well as Zac's runway Manolo heels.The line contains almost no accessories, but it does involve a prom dress that's detachable into parts and can be worn three ways.

Attachments

• zac1.jpg
    zac1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 2
luckymag reports....

"Colors:
Bright pops of red and yellow, a fantastic black-and-navy combo, hot pink.

Prints: A hot pink, gray, and white tie dye; an Andy Warhol-esque saftey-pin print (trust me, it's good).

Fabrics: Lots of silky, flowy materials (including the first-ever gown designed for Target!); floral brocades, bits of tulle and satin; a slick little tuxedo jacket and pants in crisp cotton.

Details: Tons of exposed zippers; snaps and grommets on the exterior of clothing.

Overall a great collection of clothing, accessories, and swimwear (with an Old Hollywood glam/sex pot feel). I think Zac's in agreement. In our mingling, he mentioned that this is Target's largest designer distribution--mainly because people really do know who he is. (A celeb following doesn't hurt.) He said that while the design process was the same as his high-end collection, editing was overwhelming. But from what I can see, he did a pretty wonderful job.

Look for an upcoming ad campaign shot by equally high-fashion photographer Ellen Von Unwerth. "

interesting... i'm curious to see how many pieces are in the actual collection

and the gown as well.. hmmmm
you don't really think of gown and target in the same sentence :lol:

thanks, as always!, for the info lucy!

^hmm...I didn't think *all* of his pre-fall was vomit-worthy, but I could have done without the fur and garish red-pink looks. and the shoes.

I don't think he'll go there for target though. I'm kind of excited but at the same time, I just blew a lot of money on Rodarte, so if it was mediocre that would probably be better. Having Target come out with another cute collection just isn't good for my wallet :smile:

I can't wait to get some pics from this collection. Hope they put them out faster than they did for the Rodarte collection

I think this collection will be very good, his clothing always has his signature feel always , lot of people hate but a lot do like it. I mean that designer touch will be there. The Rodarte one im sorry to say sucked, it didnt have anything which looked Rodarte lol. I was horrified at that bathrobe dress they designed for Target.

Yea. I agree with you. The collection was just mediocre. I expected something like Rodarte. But again, this is Target; and of course they cannot make it anything like their collection: 1) the price point is way to low for the high production cost 2) Rodarte's vision is very artistic and not always wearable. The only thing i liked from the collection is the dress with the bows on shoulders.

I hope Zac collection is going to be better. I kinda have my doubt on the gown. Just seems too good to be true, $150 for a gown? Lets hope Im wrong..lol

I think this collection will be very good, his clothing always has his signature feel always , lot of people hate but a lot do like it. I mean that designer touch will be there. The Rodarte one im sorry to say sucked, it didnt have anything which looked Rodarte lol. I was horrified at that bathrobe dress they designed for Target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->