racked19.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 27
  • racked20.jpg
    racked20.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
  • racked21.jpg
    racked21.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 38
i like the gown a lot. its not as "red carpet" as his target australia collection, but i still think it looks quite good.
fashionista.com

Attachments

• racked22.jpg
    racked22.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 24
lucy, thanks for posting the lookbook. i want the tuxedo jacket.:wub:

I really like the red dress...to bad I can't wear tube top dresses

GAAAAAAH! Gawd, and I already spent money I really shouldn't have on Rodarte. And now there's the JPG collection. DDDDDDDDDDDD;

wow... those seem like A LOT of pieces... don't they?

i'm actually pleasantly surprised...
though the price points are much higher than the rodarte prices from what i can see..
looks like the construction of the pieces will be more detailed or maybe more complex materials?

i'm liking the gown as well lucy...
that safety pin print or whatever it's called looks fun and it looks like a lot of fun choices for dresses overall in there.

am surprised to see the lookbook so early considering we had to wait so long with rodarte..
thanks so much for finding and posting them though! :heart:

Oooh, the dresses catch my eye... especially the long one...

there is a 2 page feature on this in the april issue of teen vogue.

If you thought scoring one Zac Posen dress for 80 bucks was a bargain, try three. “We made the ruffles detachable, like a Judy Garland apron,” says the designer of a fire-engine red strapless number with frilled skirt from his new Target collection. “You can wear it as a skirt over the dress; undo it and drape it over your shoulders à la Cristóbal Balenciaga; or if you don’t want any frou, take it off and you have a sexy date dress.”

It’s not hard to see why Posen is such a ladies’ man. The designer has built a career on the kind of dramatic, head-turning dresses that win over Oscar-nominated actresses like Natalie Portman and young up-and-comers alike. One of his current muses is model and equestrian Mavis Spencer. But his Target collection broadens his reach to a whole new set of drama queens—not to mention prom queens. Posen’s floor-dusting dress in a color-saturated, abstract print is Target’s first-ever gown.

He also revisited some of his own iconic pieces, such as the trumpet dress he made for Naomi Campbell in 2001. “That was the dress that started my business,” he says. “It’s flirtatious and fun, but it has a punk, tough quality too.” Another blast from the past, his snap dress, allows the wearer to “self-drape and self-create.”

“Individuality” has always been a Posen mantra, and his fans will be happy to know the designer held tight to his core values. His Target line even boasts a tuxedo for women, a nod not only to vintage Saint Laurent but also to current events. “Lesbian proms have been such a big thing in the news lately,” Posen says. “Rather than create a fake subculture, I wanted to address things that are actually happening.” Not that you need to be gay to wear the tux; it just takes confidence, the designer explains. “It’s a kick-*** girl who can wear a tuxedo to prom! Don’t be afraid of drama,” he adds. “Prom is one of the few opportunities in life when you can fulfill any romantic desires you have. And,” he deadpans, with signature Posen wit, “there’s no prenup attached to it.” Nor would you need one at these prices.

shine.yahoo.com via teenvogue

Attachments

• mavis1.jpg
    mavis1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
dakota fanning is wearing the tuxedo jacket here. it looks like the sleeves are too long.
nitrolicious.com

Attachments

• dakota.jpg
    dakota.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 14
I'm really looking forward to this, especially after being underwhelmed by Gaultier for Target. I just wish Target would hire someone who knows how to style models for a lookbook.

Thank you, lucy92. You're always so good with getting info on these Target collections. :wink:

Zac Posen’s Collection for Target Debuts April 25

The designer’s perky new line includes colorful day dresses and lipstick-print eveningwear in luxe fabrics

By Whitey Vargas |

What would make for the most desirable summer ever? That’s the question Zac Posen, the 29-year-old New Yorker and self-styled bon vivant, asked himself when designing his collection for Target Go International, debuting April 25 nationwide. Apparently, a wild rumpus with Loulou de la Falaise, Dorothy Draper, Debbie Harry, Andy Warhol, and Lou Reed, all of whom served as inspiration for the perky line of colorful day dresses and lipstick-print eveningwear. "I wanted to create electric pieces that will make any woman feel like a movie star," says Posen, who, with his ready-to-wear, has never been one to shy away from a beaded bolero jacket or a fishtail gown. For Target, he may have slashed his prices to $199 and under, but Posen hasn’t scrimped on the fantasy details that have made his looks red-carpet magnets. He insisted on using high-end silks, stretch poly satins, and washed leathers as opposed to the usual, less luxurious fabrics. The designer is the first to make a full-length gown and tuxedo for the retail giant. He even pushed himself to come up with his first bathing suit: a retro-futuristic, Esther Williams–style two-piece halter. As for Posen’s own favorite summer? "When I was 16, just starting to work in fashion and trying to get into nightclubs with braces on," he says. "It was so liberating to look around and see so much great fashion. That’s why I wanted to do a mass collection: So women, regardless of where they live, can be creative too."

elle.com

scans from people style watch (budgetbabe)

Attachments

• style1.jpg
    style1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3
  • style2.jpg
    style2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 10
  • style3.jpg
    style3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
  • style4.jpg
    style4.jpg