0000 Vintage textile library in NY

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
well, expect a continuation in vintage inspired textiles,
following the great idea of opening a much needed textile library
in NY.
a designer's heaven will be.. much more with the 19th century revival in the works B)

Seth Weisser and Gerard Maione still laugh when they recall their parents’ reaction to the opening of their joint venture, a vintage clothing store called What Comes Around Goes Around, 12 years ago.

“They basically said, ‘You’re opening up a used clothing store?’” said Weisser. “I guess after putting us through college, that was a bit of a surprise for them.”

Now, Weisser and Maione are adding another element to the story: an antique swatch and textile library.

“It’s really a natural progression for us,” added Weisser. “It’s a great service to our customers to have a one-stop shopping place for vintage.”

The library officially bows at the company’s showroom, which opened five years ago at 13-17 Laight Street here, in mid-May. The store is a few blocks away at 351 West Broadway.

The library will be managed by Dayna Johnson, formerly a sales associate at Andrea Aranow, a vintage and antique fabric and artwork resource. It will include more than 100,000 antique swatches, dating from the 1830s through the 1970s, as well as periodicals and books.

“We want it to be a place where our clients can come and flip through the swatches or do research for their collections,” noted Maione.

from wwd of today :flower:

this is a great vintage store and rental place in nyc...
i could have sworn i posted the link about the site recently...but i can't find it...so here it is again...check it out...

thanks for the info lena...this will be a great addition to their existing services...
http://www.nyvintage.com/

this is the link directly to the textile section of the site...
http://www.nyvintage.com/textiles/textiles.html

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the links softie, browsing as i type :D

bump*

anyone been there in person ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back