032c Summer 2010 : Anja Rubik by Danko Steiner

Pedro

Reaction score

19TH ISSUE
“WILLIAM T. VOLLMANN", Summer 2010

"I have become a mere recording angel," states WILLIAM T. VOLLMANN in this issue's 40-page dossier on the American author's pursuit to understand the tyrannical world; meanwhile, Pierre Alexandre de Looz activates the secret Vogue history of CY TWOMBLY photographed by Horst P. Horst; publisher LORD GEORGE WEIDENFELD divulges the historical foundation of the global networking imperative; architect ARNO BRANDLHUBER asks how we can build architecture in the form of a discussion; artist MATTHEW BARNEY previews the Detroit chapter of his opera Ancient Evenings; designer RICK OWENS talks about the discrete, the lurid, and the total aesthetic; director Paul Schrader and king of disco Giorgio Moroder crystallize 30 years of AMERICAN GIGOLO; artist ANDRO WEKUA stares us down with a 21st-century scenography; ALASDAIR MCLELLAN showcases LARA, DIANA, COCO, SIGRID, CAMERON, ISABELI, LILY, AGYNESS, and DREE; DANIEL SANNWALD captures a postdigital surrealism in "Aftershock Pompeii"; DANKO STEINER stages a transatlantic cabaret with ANJA, CARMEN, HANNELORE, MISSY, NATASA, and PATRICIA; the new 032c SELECT presents the best of this season's books, products, and ideas; and so much more on 284 pages...

284 pages

Source : 032c.com

i really miss their 'anti-cover' covers....it was far more refreshing.

the mag itself however does seem rather interesting with the rick owens and the daniel sannwald features.

oh natasa will buy their mag again. last time it was really good. even some articles to read

I knew nobody would like this...
but
I love it!
I'm glad it's not an in-your-face beauty shot (for that go shopping Numéro or similar)
and
I love Danko Steiner's photographic collages!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bad. And the image looks pretty much like the one with Raquel Zimmerman a few months ago in V.. which was suitable for V, not really for 023c.. then again, 032c seems to be 'evolving' in the same way Muse and A have, I flipped through their previous issue only weeks ago, I was actually going to grab it and pay for it the moment I saw it cause I figured it was unquestionably good but instead I decided just to take a quick look before purchase and I was surprised by how disappointing the content was, I never bought this magazine before but I remember seeing a lot of interesting content coming out of it and the last two issues have not produced anything close to that. I didn't buy it.. and judging by the content here (not to mention cover), I doubt this will change my mind.
Good for them trying to finally get more attention by taking this route, I just wonder if finding a good distributor wouldn't have been a better, less compromising idea..

i'e never got why that magazine kept on using that appalling background color. that puts me off enough to dissuade me from buying it.
anja looks mesmerizing and intense on that picture, but i'm seriously wondering whether the stylist was on strike when it was shot. and the two monkeys on the left-hand corner weren't necessary at all... or perhaps they are, just to fill the cover with 'something'... great lack of inspiration i guess?
overall that cover is, well, different and i don't utterly despise the experimental side of it, but with a fantastic model as anja, it could of been way better.

I think that is not awful. It is just different from that we always expect to be on the cover of fashion/art magazine (striking glamour, sexiness, etc.). It is okay and I am sure it looks better in print.

This is bad. And the image looks pretty much like the one with Raquel Zimmerman a few months ago in V..

Yeah the first association that came to my mind upon seeing the cover, was Mario Sorrenti and Raquel with her propped up on a chair in the Prada dress.

I personally think she looks a little sick in the face, and I really dislike the Rodarte shoes with the dress, it's so basic but quite ugly :sick:.

I think that is not awful. It is just different from that we always expect to be on the cover of fashion/art magazine (striking glamour, sexiness, etc.)
hmm, not in my case. 032c didn't use to be about striking glamour or sexiness, which is what they're aiming for now with this cover (and then the previous one with Agyness). They were more conceptual and art-oriented (hence the design of their cover), less interested in following the steps of V or VP.

This is bad. And the image looks pretty much like the one with Raquel Zimmerman a few months ago in V.. which was suitable for V, not really for 023c.. then again, 032c seems to be 'evolving' in the same way Muse and A have, I flipped through their previous issue only weeks ago, I was actually going to grab it and pay for it the moment I saw it cause I figured it was unquestionably good but instead I decided just to take a quick look before purchase and I was surprised by how disappointing the content was, I never bought this magazine before but I remember seeing a lot of interesting content coming out of it and the last two issues have not produced anything close to that. I didn't buy it.. and judging by the content here (not to mention cover), I doubt this will change my mind.
Good for them trying to finally get more attention by taking this route, I just wonder if finding a good distributor wouldn't have been a better, less compromising idea..

i agree with you mullet. it's very disappointing see how this publication has changed since even 2006 and before,when it had such tremendous depth....it was so unabashedly creative.....laden with so much thought,prose and intelligence. it's kind of what i've kept on repeat about purple and self service in a way,although with this one it was less image based and more about scratching beneath the surface of a particular subject.

i wish the same as you,that it had remained uncompromising but it seems like everything that we once held in such high esteem and would make you think and dream have pretty much sold out. the only one i see that still remains in tact is uscha pohl's very magazine. i mean even our beloved A went a bit commercial with the PS issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->