10 Magazine Autumn 2012 : Debbie Harry & Maluca by Cedric Buchet

10 MAGAZINE: THE MUSIC ISSUE. IT’S A TRIPLE COVER EXTRAVAGANZA AND IT’S OUT NOW. LITERALLY NOW. RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Editor’s Letter

Lots has been happening at Ten Towers since our last issue.

We have a brand new creative director in the form of Riccardo Ruini, who has lovingly taken my baby and given it a total makeover, face-lift and new lease of life. I hope, dear Tenners, that you all love it as much as we do.

Theme-wise, this issue has totally been dedicated to music, past and present. You will find a host of glittering stars, some who affected my youth and have been a constant source of reference. I really wanted to enter into a visual discussion of music and fashion, how one influences the other, and how clothes have always been used as a declaration of your allegiance. Punks, rockers, mods and goths all wore their fashions as a badge of honour, a readily identifiable way to show the world what music tribe they belonged to. Things have changed, though – there is more ambiguity and, as people have a much more diverse taste in music, so tribes have become less identifiable.

So we begin with the absolute STAR of the issue, who took my breath away and exceeded my expectations – Debbie Harry. She was spectacular. Her interview with Glenn O’Brien enlightening. Madonna and Gaga-gate, and the quote I loved the most when asked about her “boyfriend situation:” “I’m not dead yet. I try to stay ****able.” Brilliant!

Our other cover star is Maluca, a self-proclaimed Dominican princess, who describes her genre of music as tropical punk/house. Full of vitality and power, she has a totally arresting presence and is drop-dead gorgeous, too. Both captured by Cédric Buchet.

Also featuring is Kim Ann Foxman, of neo-disco performers Hercules and Love Affair, who declares she is “like a faggy, lesbian messenger boy that delivers legends and messages for the gods”. The Hawaiian-born musician was an ultimate pleasure to work with; David Armstrong has managed to capture her effortless cool and easy attitude so beautifully. Finally, we have the gorgeous icon that is Marc Almond, photographed by Cuneyt Akeroglu.

There is a real mixture of so many inspiring artists that hopefully will feed your mind and, in some cases, take you on a trip down memory lane.

Each editor was also tasked with the idea of incorporating this theme into their shoots. Tony Irvine and Gregory Harris’s Top of the Pops story takes us back to a time before MTV, where we all sat and waited with bated breath to see who would be No 1. Hector Castro and Benjamin Lennox explored a modern vision for Siouxsie Sioux, while Mattias Karlsson and Andrea Spotorno found a girl who became a modern Bowie in the story of The Man who Fell to Earth, and Nancy Rohde and Paul Wetherell have given us their modern goth.

Finally, there is Sarah Moon, whose images transport and mesmerise. For us, she teamed up with Jacob K to provide a glimpse into Rei’s Comme des Garçons world.

Okay, think that’s about it. Of course, all the wonderful words from our amazing writers are here, too, along with jewels care of Dior. All in all, a pretty jam-packed issue.

Hope you manage to find something that you love and that brings back lots of wonderful memories.

Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou

Editor-in-Chief
*10magazine.com

I don't care much for the cover but the editorial previews look exciting. Looking forward to seeing the editorials with Codie Young and Franzi Müller as well as the Comme des Garçons one in full. Looks like another solid issue!

Yeah and awesome cover, best from 10 in a while. The content couldn't look more promising (another CDG story by Sarah Moon and Jacob K, Karlsson, Nancy Rohde). :heart:

Thanks for sharing, CCO!

Looking forward to seeing the editorials!

I am reallly intrigued by the man who feel to earth ed. It looks really promising, hope it delivers.

Debbie Harry by Cedric Buchet
orig502a72340c1c4e2a987.png
orig502a7241af944d35b5e.png

[timhowardmanagement.com]

Really looking forward to the content, particularly Sarah Moon and Andrea Spotorno's stories. :heart: Thanks for posting!

Dazzle
Ph: Benjamin Lennox
Model: Kinga Rajzak
Styling: Hector Castro

happensfast.tumblr.com

^can you say it not perfff? love it so much, Kinga doing amazing! :heart:
sorry for bad engl.

Debbie's covers are pretty cool and I love the Dazzle editorial. Thanks guys for sharing!

Band Aid
Ph: Paul Wetherell
St: Nancy Rodhe
Make up :Hiromi Eeda
Hair: Neil Moodie
M: Franzi Mueller

streeters

Top of the Pops
Ph: Gregory Harris
St: Tony Irvine
Models : Irina Nikolaeva ,Frida Aasen,Eliza Cummings,Mila Miletic ,Amra Cerkezovic (all girls Women NY)

streeters

Comme Des Garcons
Ph: Sarah Moon
St: Jacob K
Models:Reka@Ford Europe,,Maria Loks@Next,Alina Ismailova@OUI,Kelsey@Marilyn,Zoe Colivas@Elite

streeters

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->