10 Rules of Style by Jean Touitou of A.P.C.

Interesting, yet I don't know if I would consider these "style" rules....
more like random musings.

Love it...:heart:

But how can he not enjoy to drink? As you get older you should be able to get drunk on really nice wine and enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell does this man think he is? This era's Oscar Wilde? Ugh. He disgusts me =(

Also. The point about dressing and sexuality...Have you seen his website, the models he uses, and the clothes he's designed? They scream gay (which, personally, i love) but then again, it's all in your own personal taste.

I personally own like half of everything APC produces each season and now, after reading this, i'm thinking about switching. How can i buy from someone so full of arrogance? bleh. (for refrence, apc.fr)

Last edited by a moderator:
APC = casual, military and preppy inspired basics. I have no idea where you get a gay vibe out of that but I guess it's a florida thing...

Who the hell does this man think he is? This era's Oscar Wilde? Ugh. He disgusts me =(

I think Oscar Wilde was more tolerant, right? :wink: This guy reminds me of Karl Lagerfeld ... I'm glad I was never a big fan of his work, because after some of his ruder comments, I would surely have had to boycott :lol:

1. "Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much."
2. "An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all."
3. "Arguments are to be avoided: they are always vulgar and often convincing."
4. "As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."
5. "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
6. "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
7. "Everything popular is wrong."
8. "Everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching."
9. "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
10. "A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction."

--Oscar Wilde

I think what he means is Jean's way of expressing his opinions is very Oscar Wilde-esque... a trait which I think is often found in the bourgeois and bohemian types.. and often opinions are expressed in a way which might offend but he chooses his targets carefully .

^ Well, Framboise may well be right that Jean fancies himself Oscar Wilde, but I say he's no Oscar :wink: The hedge fund guys are probably a safe target, but I question whether the target of #4 is a safe one ... that's a good chunk of men he's targeting there ...

But I don't know that Oscar was careful with his targets either ... when you target the ignorant, the conformist, the pro-war ... that cuts a pretty wide swath :wink: But granted ... not the art & culture folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->