10 Winter 2009 : Katie Fogarty by Jessica Craig-Martin

Myf by Vanina sounds promising... :heart:

I don't know what to think of the cover... I like to see experiments and trys for covers so I can't blame this direction... I know 10 can be good at this (remember Alla's socked twisted foot, was disturbing for the eyes but that made the picture shine at the end... was really good )
I feel I could enjoy it as an experimental piece yet as it's looking too much like a backstage shot zoom, which is the kind of picture you may see a lot, the image looses interest there, even used as a cover ie in an other context. The concept of showing a pic in a different context is also maybe too obvious...

looks promising, can't wait for the eds...i always love 10

Interesting to see Michel Comte shooting for 10.

Now that I know that the cover shot is an actual backstage shot, I dislike this cover even more. If find it so cheap when magazines put backstage shots on the cover.

here are some previews (in no particular order:(

Katie F by Gumppenberg&Bienert

Kinga R by Mark Pillai

Myf S by Vanina Sorrenti

Valeria D and Co by Jessica Craig-Martin

screencapped by me at 10magazine.com

i like it but its better with Katie's face!

Only Myf by Vanina, one of my favorite models by one of my favorite photographers would make me buy this issue. Remembering Youarearockstar's words "remember when 10 used to be good"... I remember well. I remember some bold choices of both photographers and models, including some nice surprises I had never heard of before. Themes were maybe more classical but never trying too hard is they do nowadays. I used to love some of their multi-girls stories back in 2005-06 maybe still 2007, newbies out of the blue and unexpected models back from out of the beaten tracks.

I seriously don't like to feel that nostalgic about magazines but sometimes it's hard not to. Mixte passed away this year and 10 is no longer 10 (for me at least even if I still enjoy A LOT of their features). Maybe I just have to focus on the few pages with Myf or I should just find another mag to grab this month...

I got this yesterday, it's a pretty good issue! I really loved Kinga's couture ed, and with Derek Blasberg's commentary on the couture shows interspersed.

Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Model: Emma Balfour
Styling: Sophia Neophitou

ryanelitemodel2

Why is everyone hating on the cover? Its different and its definitely something you would notice on the newstands.

Very curious to see Katie's editorial and what does the cover mean for it :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather like that cover....and all the latest stances against huge lips. Yeah, revolution!

^ i don't think daul's ed has been posted yet. i'm particularly waiting for it:heart:

Quick Review..

Katie F, Valeria D, Marlena S and Dorothea J by Jessica Craig Martin. Backstage at Chanel S/S 10 (Cover story)
Emma Balfour by Angelo Pennetta.
Kinga Rajzak by Mark Pillai. Couture editorial, gorgeous :heart:
Katie Fogarty by Max Von Gumppenberg and Patrick Bienert.
Myf Shepherd by Vanina Sorrenti. Similar to her i-D ed with Alana.
Daul Kim by Marcus Gaab. Jewellery editorial.
Isabella Gutierrez by Glen Erler.
Ayako Yoshida by Michael Comte.

And ten designers who love fur; Ohne Titel, Louise Goldin, Sibling, Antonio Berardi, Cavalli, Thakoon, Gaultier, Richard Chai, Alexander Wang and Todd Lynn.

amazing! love this mag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->