2010 Grammy Awards

Taylor Swift's award was definitely a pity vote. Where's Kanye when we need him???:lol:

Taylor's win was terrible indeed. I think any other young girl could've written those songs. I can't hate her, though. I have three words: DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!

It's good to see Kings of Leon win. It's a shame they won the top award for such an overplayed song. I have to switch over whenever I hear it now.

Beyoncé shouldn't have such a record. It's the Grammys after all.

Out of all the mainstream acts, Lady Gaga should've definitely won a few awards.

I heard that Pink's performance was the best of the night. I must check it out.

I think the best dressed were Beyoncé (in that Armani dress she wore inside), Lady Gaga for providing the interesting red carpet coverage, Rihanna (surprisingly considering I hate Elie Saab and I don't like her style that much...horrible hair as always, though), Jennifer Lopez (seriously, I usually hate this woman's try hard style, but she looks good here), Celine Dion (she's had great style recently), Lea Michele and Kristen Bell (I don't know why I like this, but I do...but why wear a cocktail dress to the Globes and wear a full-length dress to the Grammys...?)

Meh: The same old, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood in their pageant gowns.

Worst dressed honours go to Beyoncé again for that horrible Stephane Rolland dress (atrocious hair, too), Britney Spears :smile:yuck:smile: and pretty much everyone else! Quite a boring year. I wish Gwen Stefani would return to music soon! Jennifer Hudson's dress was ill-fitted, too.

Everyone else, I've probably forgotten for being too boring.

^yeah Beyonce did not look good at all. tacky fake hair, fake nails, way too much makeup and unflattering dress. If her mom is still her stylist she should fire her!

and britney spears did not look her best at all. that dress was horrible and her hair was horrible, she was such a mess.

I know this must be pretty random but Jessie Baylin (singer & songwriter and she is married Nathan Followill just in case you did not know) looked great or at least she looks great in this picture *hahah*

twitter.com/jessiebaylin (actually the only twitter I follow)

22cls0.jpg

she wrote about the dress: I wore a vintage dress that my stylist cut into a mini dress before the awards!

Wish I could find better picture!

I think that Gaga always looks stunning, and never miserable. She celebrates diversity and eccentricity. Who cant love that?

I adore her and think that she should have won more awards imo. Swift is quite overrated .
Beyonce winning more awards? ** yawn **

I dont think she is that great of a singer. Rihanna has got beyonce beat imo!

Gaga is amazing, no matter what she wears and sings.. its all brilliant because its so gaga!
:heart:

I want whatever you're smokin:lol:because as much as I like Rihanna, there is no way in hell she sings better than Beyonce.

Gotta love the fact that Lady Gaga showed up on the red carpet wearing a custom-made Armani gown. People who typically like to accuse Armani's creations of being "boring" surely didn't see this one coming. An Armani creation got worn on the red carpet by one of the most outrageous recording artists in the world when it mattered most: at the Grammys.
Gotta love it. :mohawk:

I might be biased but I felt that Dave Matthews Band performance was the best. It wasn't all showy and it had a lot of heart into it.

beyonce winning was just as bad as gaga s outfits
beyonce s sooo cliche by now we always kinda know what outfit she s gonna turn up wearing
and all those awards plssss they shoulda given them to someone else more diserving. after all all she does is scream and sing playback and give attitude

and i thought Keri Hilson was best dressed of the night.

everybody else tries to be avant garde and outthere and they ended up looking like a joke. that dress Beyonce wore was hideous and those earing UGLY and don t even get me started on that wig

Best dressed for me were: Jennifer Lopez (hair and makeup were perfect, love love loved that dress), Lady Gaga (usually hate her style, but she got it spot on here I thought), Rihanna (someone else whose style normally annoys me), and even Pink I thought looked OK.

Worst dressed for me were: Beyonce (unflattering and drab, horrible 'hair'), Britney (her style is generally atrotious), Ciara (just no) and many others who I don't even know.

I think that's it.

I don't know why people are hating on Taylor. :( I think it's so refreshing that someone who's 19 is singing about just being a teenager that's not about one night stands, threesomes and party all the time. Plus she writes her own songs, plays an instrument, etc. And the songs are pretty catchy, you can't deny that.

^^I don't think the hate is on taylor herself, b/c I completely agree that she is very age appropriate and cutesy. However, does she have the best vocals? best writing? best songs? these things would combine to make album of the year for me - which is why I think people are saying it is a joke that she won. seriously, we all heard that performance - clearly she is not the best out of everyone in that category - IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->