3.1 Phillip Lim F/W 14.15 : Tilda Lindstam by Vincent van de Wijngaard

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
4ndbddz.jpg
6GFO9YA.jpg

Fly a kite atop a skyscraper? Why not! For Fall ’14, Phillip Lim decided to give his woman a name, and it was Soleil. “She’s a fun and culturally curious woman whose world was somewhere between instant and pop culture,” Lim told Style.com. For his latest campaign, the designer tapped Tilda Lindstam to portray Soleil in all her free-spirited glory. Shot on location in New York by Vincent van de Wijngaard, the heady snaps, which debut exclusively here, depict Lindstam flying to and fro on a swing in the sky and flying a black kite on the roof of a Manhattan building. “It rained all day and it was freezing cold, so we were all wrapped in blankets on this rooftop in the middle of the city—it was quite peculiar but fitting in a way,” recalled Lim. “The swing was specifically designed and constructed on the roof of the building, there were moments that the natural forces took over and the whole swing was swinging off center. It was pretty scary at times—it looked like she was going to swing straight off the edge!”

A continuation of the Spring campaign, Fall’s images center around the concept of freedom. “‘Freedom’ is something that we have always built into our messaging because there is something that speaks to us all in its meaning. The freedom that I am afforded by remaining independent is something that I am really proud of,” explained Lim. And it seems like that freedom is serving the designer well—he’s preparing to celebrate his tenth anniversary next year, and will be opening a new flagship on Soho’s Great Jones Street this September.
style

It's beautiful :heart:. Love the lighting and mood, clothes, even the model (who's generally just annoying- especially when smiling) looks so perfect for this, very reminiscent of the late 90s, early 00s, and that Chanel campaign with Angela Lindvall.

I really, really like it! the feel, the mood, the movement and the atmosphere - everything works for me :heart:

mullet,i had that same thought as well....there is something rather reminiscent of such memorable period. this is striking for sure.

What is better than the atmosphere after the rain? I feel totally refreshed to see those pictures! One of the best of the season imo.

the first shot is fantastic, i can't wait to see it in print

the other one looks stupid :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruwaid
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->