3.1 Phillip Lim Pre-Fall 2014

Prairie

Reaction score

Berlin’s evolving rave culture gave way to Phillip Lim’s collection. He worked a whimsical vibe via fuzzy poodle motifs, both figurative and abstract, also carrying the theme into handbags via curly shearling. The club-kid vibe was more literal in Lim’s glowstick print shown on an anorak and skirt — looks that were actually very wearable. A leather biker jacket popped in metallic blue, and was paired with burnt orange tuxedo pants.

The city’s architecture — old classical buildings merged with modern, supersleek ones — was also a drawing point for Lim. The notion was best expressed with a multicolored metallic jacquard suit, its blazer segmented with corduroy to exemplify two unrelated ideas merged into one.

wwd

that first look is totally balenciaga and alexander wang's fall collection combined

I usually enjoy how Lim adds some humor to his otherwise very sleek collections, but that poodle outfit is just hideous :lol: In fact, a lot of this doesn't work for me. I thought it may just be the poor styling after seeing the first few shots - because, really, those WWD previews tend to be quite awful most of the time - but a lot of these pieces just don't look nice. Some things are just too long and bulky and terribly unflattering. There are a few cute elements here (I like this outfit), but as a whole I don't like it.

Spot many great pieces but I have to give to the accessories this time. There are many cute shoes and bags that stole the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->