Versace S/S 2008 : Gisele Bundchen by Mario Testino

When I saw Feb magazines with all the Spring ads, Versace was the one that made an instant impression on me - I thought, wow, Gisele for Versace, we're back in business.

But somehow, the ads don't hold up to repeat viewings. Once you get past the pairing of model to designer, there's something empty and awkward about these ads.

I think the 'accessories' side is what does it... it's neither 'still life' nor 'act in motion', but some unnaturally held pose. Some of them, to me, have all the grace of a drunk woman trying to get to grips with her clothes before she needs the bathroom, when everything falls to a heap around her ankles.

If you scrap the accessories side - which was a good concept, I'll say - then you're left with Gisele in an ever more fantastic series of shots that make the most of her body. And I can't wait until I see some of those later ones for real in the magazines.

I thought the ads were good, but now every single one of them is like the previous one, they are all the same, I'm already bored of them.

At last, some fresh content for this campaign. I think it looks well, slightly sultry but not tacky, sits nicely as an addition alongside the Gisele images. And all of it is one hell of an improvement on last season's efforts.

Thank you for the latest scan. Trés Bien.

I think Catherine's pictures are ok. I dislike Gisele's picture because I think she does not look very good, and I do not like the pictures of her feet.

I consider myself a hater of Testino's work with Versace in the 2000s, but this is one of the few campaigns that was through their lens that I can appreciate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->