3.1 Phillip Lim Resort 2010

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
“Fall was about rock ’n’ roll. This is what that girl would be like on the beach,” said Phillip Lim of 3.1 Phillip Lim. “She would be a pirate.” One who dresses, of course, with the casual-cool polish for which Lim’s best known. So she’ll wear those pirate polkadots, but as paillettes on a prettily draped dress. The lace motif, meanwhile, turns up in girlish blouses and vests, some in gold-metal versions for what the designer called “a little treasure.” Rounding out the collection: terrific patchwork pieces — color-blocked denim, spliced knits — and chic shipwreck dresses, with bralette inserts inspired by his new intimates line.
o7n9sx.jpg
4kzghf.jpg

os4f15.jpg
hrejao.jpg

2z83hw5.jpg
2z4a7bs.jpg

xe3fco.jpg
2z4xzt1.jpg

wwd.com

don't understand why he's such a sensation besides the his pricepoints

I like the 1st, 2nd & 5th look.
But I hate the last 2

Love some looks (1,2,5) hate the others, so mixed opinions, but the ones I like, I really do like!

The fifth outfit is my favourite, by far.

But the third outfit kind of reminds me of Chloe for some reason and the top in the first and last pictures remind of Balmain.

yay!!!! phillip lim did not disappoint:D love the collection...easy brezzy chic :D love the especially love the first look, the trouser in the fourth, the dress in the sixth and the trouser in the last:smile:

this is a collection for a fashion amnesiac. i mean, prada JUST did that lace thing last fall. the pants are balenciaga derivatives as well.

00210m.jpg

style.com

Cruise can only get so good. This is alright. Its nothing outstanding but its nice.

I usually love Phillip Lim, but besides looks two and four, I'm not keen on this. It's all a bit "been done before-ish". And that shorts suit is not good.

Pirate polkadots?! :blink: I don't see this rock 'n' roll swashbuckling theme he's referring to in any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->