3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 2014 : Anna de Rijk by Vincent Van De Wijngaard

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Today is the (unofficial) first day of NYFW, and many of us are already whirling about in a fashion-induced frenzy. If, like us, you’re looking for a way to restore the calm, we suggest having a gander at 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Zen-like new campaign. Lensed by Vincent Van De Wijngaard and starring Anna De Rijk, the ads and corresponding film, which were shot on location in South Africa, are based on the concept of Freedom. “We all need to escape from time to time, and I wanted these images to be like a breath of fresh air,” offered Lim. He also noted that, for Spring ’14, which marks his third season producing a campaign, he aimed to abandon traditional advertising constraints. “There is so much pressure for campaigns to answer to so many requirements—does it identify the girl? Does it embody the brand? Does it feature the bag to buy for the season?—I just wanted to put all of that aside and really concentrate on the idea of Freedom. It’s intrinsic to the brand as a whole,” he asserted. “We are independent, and our independence affords us the freedom to be who we want to be. I think in an industry full of noise and pace, everyone would love a moment to take a deep breath.”
Wise words from Mr. Lim. But, other than staring at his Spring snaps, what’s the designer’s secret for warding off pre-show stress? “I wish there were a magic formula,” he admitted. “It has to be mind over matter. Getting as much sleep as possible is the main thing–but that’s no big secret!”
style.com

Attachments

• Phillip-Lim.jpg
    Phillip-Lim.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 68
Looks promising, I like the concept for the campaign, and I'm 110% behind a Anna de Rijk revival she's so emotive in print.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Vincent's first 'real' campaign since he joined Art+Commerce. Glad to see him develop into the fashion realm, particularly love his older travel work. Glad to see him and Pieter Hugo pop up in the fashion campaign-field. Getting very tired of the same little circle shooting every campaign without bringing something new. Looking forward to more images, loves his clean but dark style. Great to see editorial wonder Anna as well.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->