45 rpm jeans

Johnny

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this denim brand? I'm interested in getting a new pair of jeans, proper good quality, selvedged etc. I hear that they are quite expensive. Anyone from NYC or Japan (where there are stores I think) know what they're like, prices etc.

Thanks.:flower:

Johnny said:
Anyone know anything about this denim brand? I'm interested in getting a new pair of jeans, proper good quality, selvedged etc. I hear that they are quite expensive. Anyone from NYC or Japan (where there are stores I think) know what they're like, prices etc.

Thanks.:flower:

Yes, Johnny, we've discussed this with runner, I believe in the "what jeans are popular at your place right now" thread. Let me go dig it up for you. They are very expensive, I believe in the $300-400 range and never go on sale. I posted a link to their website in our Links directory, it's the first one, check it out. :flower:

faust said:
Yes, Johnny, we've discussed this with runner, I believe in the "what jeans are popular at your place right now" thread. Let me go dig it up for you. They are very expensive, I believe in the $300-400 range and never go on sale. I posted a link to their website in our Links directory, it's the first one, check it out. :flower:

Check out this thread, page 2 (they are even more expensive than I thought :shock: )

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4657&page=2&pp=25&highlight=45rpm

There is also Rick Owen's denim line Slab discussed there. Since the discussion, I've seen the jeans in person, they are pretty cool. A lot of soiled effect though, I'm not sure if you like that. Haven't tried them on either, so I can't comment on the fit. I wonder if Runner has tried them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Faust. Serious money. Euro 1000 jeans! I wonder if they're worth it (I'm aware of the fundamental ridiculousness of that statement, but I mean withint the parameters within which we usually operate on this forum, viz., that clothes can be artisanally made, and are "worth it" if they handmande, use innovative materials or processes etc..). Have you seen them in the store?

Johnny said:
Thanks Faust. Serious money. Euro 1000 jeans! I wonder if they're worth it (I'm aware of the fundamental ridiculousness of that statement, but I mean withint the parameters within which we usually operate on this forum, viz., that clothes can be artisanally made, and are "worth it" if they handmande, use innovative materials or processes etc..). Have you seen them in the store?

Nope. Too afraid to walk in :lol: . But I may for you, my firend :flower: . The store looks very nice from outside, it has that "organic" vibe (I guess in correspondence with the way the jeans are made). I'll ask Softie to come with me, so this way you'll get two opinions.

Ok thanks. Would appreciate the softie view too. I see that there's a store in Paris, so I may check it out there in a few weeks. It's not in my budget to buy E1000 jeans though!

Oh damn. Just seen some of their jeans on the webpage. They are stunning. This is NOT good, considering how much they cost....

slab is also very cool and the denim of choice among my very stylish male friends...
these are the boys who wear yohji and dries...and helmut...

they have their slab jkts glued to them like a second skin...LOL...

Johnny said:
Oh damn. Just seen some of their jeans on the webpage. They are stunning. This is NOT good, considering how much they cost....

That's just too, too much money.

faust said:
That's just too, too much money.

Yes I know. But the jeans look exactly like the kind of things I like and wear currently. And I'm completely seduced by all the "real indigo dyeing" sh*t. (Lashes back.)

well..faust...what do you have to say?...

i like the store and the display stuff is cute... :innocent:

but really...they only had 5 pr of men's jns...
but they aren't all crazy prices...just the crazy indigo dyed stuff...
the salesgirl was very nice and explained to us the whole process...
but you probably already know...they make all their own denim and it is naturally dyed fibres...which means the colour is deeper and will fade less...

those are $700...
the others are around $200-300...
or there is the blk/grey colour which is naturally charcoal dyed...

the hem at the bottom is very narrow...maybe a quarter of an inch...and they are button fly...with a small R embroidered on the ***...pretty narrow cut...

they also custom make jns for around $1000-1200...

anything else...?

we got you a catalog...which is a sm book...i can send if you like...it's a lot of womens stuff mostly...helena would probably like it...rather nautical and frenchie... ^_^ :flower:

thankyou very much on johnny's behalf (he has just read this) - yes a catalogue would be good but don't go to too much effort - you have been generous enough with your time....

frenchie - qui, moi? mais non....

I don't know all this cunning stuff like you rich old people but...I remember that the original Evisu were that fancy indigo dyed thing where every thread is hand dipped through indigo dye thrice or whatever and didn't they look proper sh-te. So don't be enticed by fancy dyes...

my pleasure mon ami...
trust me...you want me to send this book... :wink: :flower:

the cover... :woot:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks from me softie. I had a look in a bit more detail at the website too. I really like the whole outlook they have. Not too serious, unlike their prices. Actually $700 is less than I thought for the indigo dyed ones - I read somewhere that they were double that. Anyhoo, I'll have a look in Paris - I see there's a shop there, just across from Colette.

Did you like the cut/style of the jeans, or did you think they were too baggy

Oh, yes and I agree that she wants you to send the book!

you are welcome dear...they seemed rather slim actually johnny...
the indigo ones definitely ...there wer a few styles...but i'd say definitely stop in the store...it's a nice vibe...

PrinceOfCats said:
I don't know all this cunning stuff like you rich old people

LOL Prince:lol: you cheeky young whippersnapper

If the cut isn't good there's no point, I agree. From the pics I think the finish looks good and the cut looks good, but will need to see them in person and try to see through the hype. My eyesight's not what it used to be though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->