Reiss Plans a Diffusion Label

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Premium high street chain Reiss is launching a younger, lower-priced sub-brand for autumn to widen its customer base.

The sub-brand, which will have a separate name that is yet to be finalised, will be aimed at men and women aged 25 and above. It will feature denim, tops, dresses and tailoring, and also include the retailer’s first full jeans range for women.
Reiss brand director Andy Rogers, who joined the company last year from designer label Stella McCartney, said the new label would be more trend led and edgier than the mainline, but retain a distinctive design handwriting.
He added that the label had the potential to have its own standalone stores, pop-up shops and collaborations with other designers at a later date.
Rogers said: “We want to expand the brand offer and the new label will have classic Reiss elements and signatures, but with a more directional feel and a wow factor.
“The range will include more than denim, but will be a significant step into that market for us,” Rogers added. “Not enough people know about us and know how good the prices are. People might buy a Reiss suit for work or a dress for an occasion, but not necessarily for relaxing at the weekend.”
The new label will also help Reiss expand its price architecture, supplying some of the retailer’s opening price points. Denim will start at £69 compared with £79 in the mainline. Other prices are being finalised.
The denim ranges will go into all of Reiss’s stores, with the rest of the collection landing in selected stores from August.
Reiss is also relaunching its transactional website next month.
Reiss has about 60 stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland, and also sells in Selfridges and John Lewis. It also has 40 international stores in the US, France, China and the Middle East.

Drapers.

not much difference between £69 and £79...:unsure:

there's a reiss in my city, and i never see anyone shop there. the store is always empty and their prices are astronomical.

I can't believe this will really happen - what with the news about the Mosiac group - owns ubquitious UK chains - Oasis, Warehouse, Coast,... - in this economic climate. As it is I hardly ever see people in Reiss - where the clothing is not only expensive but unappealing.

the reiss in san francisco is consistent in their traffic (they usually have a few people in the store), but their end of season sales are great...
i am interested in seeing where this goes (and if it will be any good)...

I agree Reiss's prices are on the higher end but I've always enjoyed the quality of their products. The winter coat I have that I wear on an everyday basis is Reiss and I got it on sale for I think 240 pounds or so. I also had a pair of dress pants from there for about 90 quid and they wore on the bottom (because they dragged slightly) but other than that, they held up great and they were worn often and hung really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->